EIGHTEEN

I hated shopping

I hated shopping.

To be fair, hate was a strong word, actually to be completely honest I didn't mind it all that much. Let me rephrase; I hated shopping with Rosie.

I adored the girl with my heart and soul, but she sure could talk. She had been blabbering on about the yellow body suit that would match perfectly with the boyfriend jeans she had been planning on wearing. Not only that, every second sentence to come out of her mouth was questioning me about Theo. I couldn't wrap my own head around the situation let alone explain to her what had happened.

"Do you think Sebastian really broke things off with me because I was a virgin?" I asked, my question catching Rosie off guard.

Her rambling immediately stopped, and she turned to look at me, placing the yellow body suit back on the clothing rack.

"Where is this coming from?" Rosie gently asked. She sat down next to me on the small couch in the dressing room.

"Seeing Theo today just reminded me of Sebastian. Knowing that Theo and his friends don't know the real reason why he left just has me thinking is all," I carefully explained.

Rosie took a deep breath. I knew she had an opinion of her own. She wasn't very good at keeping secrets, unless they were of utter importance. Rosie didn't often keep to herself, being bubbly, happy and sarcastic but that it was I loved about her and wished that I could be more open with the people I cared about.

"Honest?" Rosie questioned.

I nodded my head.

Rosie sighed before she opened her mouth to speak. "No, I don't think that was the reason. You heard what Lily said and even Sebastian himself. He was used to sleeping around, no strings attached. Guys likes that... they're scared of commitment. The virginity thing just gave him a chance to run for the hills."

"Okay," I answered softly. I didn't know what to say. Some part of me always feared that Sebastian would leave, even with his constant reassurance. And he did. I wanted to be surprised but deep down I knew this would happen. I guess now I was more disappointed in myself for believing what he promised.

"Please don't be depressed again," Rosie said, forcing me into a hug. "You were good enough for him, Maize, too good in fact."

"Then why didn't he stay?"

The question hung in the air. I'd obviously caught Rosie off guard by voicing my thoughts. I knew straight away that I had put too much pressure on her to answer.

But that was the question that hung in the back of my mind, haunting me. If everyone kept telling me I was too good for Sebastian, then why wouldn't he stay? Why would he run for the hills? Why couldn't the people who cared for me the most simply just say; he wasn't that into you?

"You're fabulous," Rosie suddenly blurted out. I scrunched up my nose.

"You're an idiot," I said, slightly shoving her in the shoulder. We chuckled at the ridiculousness that was our friend ship.