Chapter 1

My feet anxiously drag across the concrete as I make my way towards the arena

My feet anxiously drag across the concrete as I make my way towards the arena. To say I'm anxious would be an understatement. Not only am I about to meet dozens of new faces, I am also about to meet Alex Walker who is probably the biggest heart throb, pop star on the planet right now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm used to hanging around band guys and roadies. I've been on the road since I was little and essentially went full time when I was about sixteen, now twenty years old. I've been accompanying my older brother Joe and his band Capture This on the road for years. However, their shows have always been in small bars and venues. The biggest gig they've gotten so far is getting to play on the small stage at Vans Warped Tour for the past two years. While they've gained quite a following, they are nowhere near arena status making this a whole new level for me.

My dad is the manager of my brother's band and has been since day one, but he used to manage a hand full of other bands back in the day. He dropped everything when he found out Joe and his friends were serious and fully committed to starting a band.

At just fourteen years old, their band started recording and writing in a makeshift studio in our basement. Every day after school they would practice and record for hours, and when they weren't in our basement they were out trying to book any place they could that would let them play, which was a struggle living in Ohio. Regardless, they worked their asses off to get to where they are today.

When I was fifteen, they finished their very own EP full of original songs and gained a social media following. After showing tremendous progress over a few years, Ohio just wasn't cutting it to progress further. That's when my dad dropped everything and we took a leap of faith. We packed up all of our things and moved to Nashville to push the EP and get the boys some exposure.

Almost every night, Joe and his friends were out somewhere on Broadway and the surrounding area competing with hundreds of other musicians to be heard. Despite being more of a pop punk band in a country dominated city, they did fairly well and even scored a record deal within a year and started touring.

How I ended up getting the gig of being Alex Walker's assistant is still beyond me. Long story short, my dad is good friends with a guy that's a sound technician for Alex who overheard that his manager is looking for a young, fresh new assistant that can stay on top of everything. He ended up throwing my name out there and long behold with the years of experience I already had under my belt I was a perfect fit and hired on to the team by Alex's manager.

I absolutely love touring and working with my brother's band either it be as their assistant, merch girl, or whatever they happen to need, but it's not really getting me anywhere. Hell, I hardly get paid even when I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off. At least working for Alex I'll be getting paid a descent amount, along with getting to travel the world. My dream is to be a manager like my dad, and in order to do that I have to branch out and work from the bottom up.