Chapter 26

"Alex, get back here!" I yell, pounding my feet harder on the concrete floor of the backstage halls to try to catch up to him

I don't know what's up with this kid today, but he's really testing my patience. I get that it's the last day of the first leg of tour, and he's probably excited to be off for a month, but still. He's been extremely playful—and occasionally annoying—all morning. Like now for example. I have to get him to the meet and greet in less than fifteen minutes and he's running around the backstage halls like an idiot, wanting me to chase him.

I let out an annoyed huff when he doesn't listen to me, rounding a corner down another hall, further away from where the meet and greet is supposed to be held. Out of breath, I slow my sprint to a jog while rounding the corner, not spotting Alex anywhere. Where the hell did he go now?

Before I can contemplate my next move, I feel someone's arms wrap around my middle, halting my actions and spinning me around. They bend down and hurl me over their shoulder, forearm locking behind my knees to make sure I don't fall.

"Alex!" I yell, smacking his back. "Put me down!"

I feel his back rumble with laughter, and I try my best to lift my head to see where he's taking us but all I get is a face full of my hair from being upside-down.

"No can do." I can hear the smug smile in his voice as he continues to walk down the hallway, refusing to put me down.

"What are you two doing? Get to the meet and greet." My body instantly tenses upon hearing Chris's stern voice.

"We're on our way, boss. I just had to get Joslyn in line," Alex jokes. "Come on, Joslyn, it's time to stop playing around. Just because it's the last day doesn't mean you can start slackin'." He playfully taps me on my backside, causing me to let out a surprised gasp, walking back down the hallway.

To say I'm mortified would be an understatement. I'm just thankful I don't have to see Chris's reaction, nor did he have to see my beet red face.

"Always having to do your job." Alex sighs teasingly. "I think I lead you around more that you lead me." He chuckles.

When we get to the room where the meet and greet is held, he finally sets me down and I instantly swat the center of his chest. "You are such a jerk!"

He only laughs, clutching his stomach and throwing his head back which only earns him another smack to his hard chest.

After the meet and greet and Q&A, we head to his dressing room to chill out for a while before he has to do some interviews.

"Shoot," Shay mumbles, carding through Alex's wardrobe trunk. She lets out a huff and places her hands on her hips.

"What?" I ask.

"The other night during a quick change Alex accidentally ripped a hole in the sleeve of one of his shirts for the show. I took it on the bus to sew it up later because I swore we had another one on hand, but I guess it got sent out for cleaning. I'll just have to run to the bus and try to sew it up really quick."