Chapter 17

"I told you you'd love it," I smugly say while trying to hide my smirk behind my coffee mug

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Alex says, pointing his spoon at me from across the small table in the bus. "No one said anything about love. I don't think I can call it love yet, we just started. I do really like it though." He smiles, shoveling another spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

"Well, either way, you're totally going to fall in love. It's just a matter of time." I smile confidently, referring to us watching Friends. For the past couple of nights, we've been watching a few episodes after shows in the back lounge of the bus before bed.

"Someone's very confident. Maybe too confident," he jokes, playfully knocking his knee against mine under the small table.

"If you already really like it and we're not even into season two yet, you've got another thing coming buddy." I give him an expressive look.

He smiles and lightly shakes his head. "You know," he says after a few moments of silence. "My old assistant reminds me a lot of Estelle."

"What?" I laugh, picturing the older, scratchy voiced, scrunched up face, heavy makeup wearing, and cigarette smoking lady thats a casting agent for Joey.

"Yeah." He simply shrugs. "Except she was a bit bigger though. She was built more like a linebacker and wore a little less makeup."

"Oh my God." I laugh while throwing my head back, picturing this lady that I've never met before in my head. "Serious?"

"Dead serious." He smirks.

I just sit there amused, shaking my head.

"Alright, I'm up," Shay sleepily grumbles while flopping down on the couch, fully dressed and ready to go just like I asked. "Now what's your big surprise," she asks, less than thrilled.

"I'm glad you're ecstatic about my surprise for today," I sweetly say, voice dripping in sarcasm. I know Shay's not a morning person but I asked for her and Alex to be ready by noon today for my surprise.

Today is an off day on tour, meaning no show, interviews, or even meetings. Well, Chris will be in meetings and conference calls all day, but thats about it.

I took it upon myself to book something fun for us to do when the bus drops us off at the hotel. I've got cabin fever from being trapped in this bus, hotels, and arenas almost twenty-four-seven, so I thought it would be nice to get out and see the world for once.

"I booked us a car to drive around and see the rock formations and everything," I excitedly announce. "I thought it would be nice to get out for once and get some fresh air, and what better place than Utah!"

After the show last night, we hopped on the bus and drove straight to Utah for our off day. The next show is here tomorrow.

"Nice!" Alex smiles, hopefully as excited as I am.