Chapter 16

"Pivot!" I yell as Shay and I round a corner, rolling one of Alex's wardrobe cases through the backstage halls

"Pivot!" she yells back obnoxiously, clearly getting my Friends reference, causing me to laugh.

"Pivot!" we both obnoxiously yell, rounding the doorway to Alex's dressing room.

"What are you two yelling about?" Alex asks, clearly confused as to why we're laughing so hard and yelling.

Shay and I look each other dead in the eyes before yelling pivot! again and busting into another fit of laughter.

"Ok..." Alex says, going back to guzzling his water bottle. He must have just got back from his work out, dressed in a t-shirt, gym shorts, and tennis shoes. His face is lightly tinted red and his hair and shirt are wet with sweat.

"Wait," I cautiously ask, pointing an accusing finger at him. "Do you not get what we were just referencing?"

"No..." he says after finishing off his water bottle, furrowing his brows. "Why? Should I?"

"Should you?!" I repeat incredulously, throwing my hands up in the air. "Friends. It's from the TV show Friends!"

"Oh, I've never seen it." He shrugs as if its no big deal, plopping down on the couch.

"You mean to tell me that you've never seen Friends? Like, ever?"

"Nope."

"What is wrong with you?" I ask a little harsher than I probably should have, eyes wide in astonishment.

I can't believe this guy has never seen the best TV show of all time.

"What?" He laughs, only semi insulted at my statement.

"How can you have never seen Friends? It's literally the best show ever made. Have you been living under a rock your whole life?"

I'm not passionate about just anything, but Friends is near the top of my list of passions. I love that show with every fiber of my being.

"Guess so." He chuckles.

"I really can't believe you've never seen it," Shay finally speaks, shaking her head, backing me up. She goes over to the wardrobe case, making sure everything is in line and ready for the show.

"Believe it," Alex says.

"Ugh! You infuriate me, Walker," I say, dramatically plopping down on the couch. "I don't think we can be friends anymore."

"What?" He laughs, shooting his head over to look at me.

"Yep. I don't think I can be friends with someone that's so... uncultured."

"Oh my gosh," he says while rolling his eyes. "Get over it, Trett," he mocks me after using his last name.

"I don't think I can."