Chapter 2

I put the phone to my ear. Hearing the lovely voice that I grew so fond of. A voice but I didn't really think of what words were with it. That was until I hear my name.

"Peter I did say I didn't want to talk right..?"  I mumble still shaking.

My teary voice didn't seem to stop him from taking though. He did this a lot when I didn't want to talk. He would call until I picked up and talk. Because he knew I couldn't in times like these.

"Then they look at me like I'm crazy can you believe that man?" he laughs out loud.

I couldn't, but only because it didn't really listen to what he said. But hearing his voice alone made tears fall. I guess I muttered something because I swore I could hear him saying my name over and over.

"Chris I am worried about you. Kinda and why I called. Why I was trying to tell a funny story which I guess you didn't hear because you didn't laugh." he sounded worried I could hear it.

"Do you think..." I started but I stopped myself.

"Think what Chris."

Was I really going to out myself? Was I going to throw away my friendship more?

"That you..would ever..." I gulp, "ever...date a boy?" I mutter.

There was silence, his breathing was all I could hear. My tears falling, then my drunk father banging on the door.

"LIGHTS OUT PIECE OF SHIT!!!"

More silence as I lean turning the light off whispering into the phone.

"Forget it. I should go to be soon."

"Maybe, depends on who the boy is. Was that your dad?"

"Yeah, he is drunk like always."

"Chris?"

I bite my lip wiping my eyes. "Yeah?"

"Sneak out to my house. Now. You'll be safe with me. In bed, warm bed no drunk dad, no bad thoughts. Nowhere near blades." he said rushed.

I stare at the wall in my dark room. "Sneak out?" I repeat to myself thinking about it.

"Please, I can get a stack of movies ready!"

I listen to every word thinking about it. I stand up grabbing a bag, putting clothes for sleeping, for the next day, cologne, and a charger. I grab my school bag.

"I'm on my way.." I mutter out.

Rushing to the window from my room which is on the second floor of the house. Opening it slowly pushing the screen out. Two bags in hand.

"Meet me at the end of my street, pick me up... Please, Peter."

I heard him say yes and hang up. I throw the bags out the window, I can go for one night, my father is too drunk to notice anyway.

I got far enough from my house to wait for Peter. I never understood why he stayed all this time. Why he would want me to come over after I asked him a question like that. But he did, and I was nervous to see his face, his nice tan caramel skin that I love, his brown loving eyes that I get lost in.

While I was lost in my thought I heard a honk, whipping my head up to see it was Peter smiling at me. I get in the passenger seat biting my lip. Hearing his chuckled confused me as I put my bags to the floor of the car.

"Biting your lip isn't so good man." he chuckled out.

"Why is it not good? Helps my nerves." I sink down in the seat as he starts driving, my bruises showing.

"He was drunk again huh?" he sounded concerned.

"You heard him on the phone you can guess from that... He wasn't always like that. I miss the old him." I mutter then the car ride was silent.

In the middle of the drive, Peter put his hand on my leg to soothe me. It had to be that, he wouldn't touch me like that any other way. I looked out the window blushing.

Once we got to his house he got a call and told me to go to his room. I grabbed my bags and put them at the foot of his bed. I was listening to his phone call.

"No, I can't come over... Because I have a friend over... I'm sorry that he means more to me... I said no, gosh you're such a brat I don't get you, girls, I don't know why I continue dating people like you... Fine bye." he hung up walking in his room.

I was silent, shaking wondering what he meant by his call. I decided to speak up, "uh who was that?"

"Brat girl I have been seeing. Girls suck don't date any man." he jumped on his bed looking at me.

"I don't plan on it, I already have my eyes on someone.." I tried to whisper the last part standing in the middle of his room.

His head popped up, "whoa what?! Who!! Dude!!"

I swallow hard shaking harder, "No one! He uh...doesn't notice me like that..!!" I stumble over my words.

I sit on the edge of his bed shaking feeling his stare. I sigh softly looking down.

"Hmm, I bet he does, who wouldn't? You should ask him." he crawled to me sitting next to me.

I shake my head falling back laying on his bed staring at the ceiling, "I would rather die right now then have that happen. Plus he is seeing some girl.." I hope he doesn't know I mean him.

He shrugs laying next to me. Suddenly, I felt his pinky touch mine. He wrapped his pinky with mine, I could hear his breath hitch.

"Maybe he does." he mutters softly holding my pinky.