Chapter 19

It's been months. Peter now goes out, and sometimes I follow, but he never notices. Never will see me until I find a way back to him. But now he is smiling more, he even went home for a night last night. He might be getting better. He even now goes to school some days.

He's letting go. I didn't want that I wanted him to let go of my hand and have fun. Not forget me. He is standing in his room looking around. He sits in his bed and smiles to himself. He's happy.

I turn around to go back to the hospital, until I heard him start talking. Who's he talking to?

"You might not be here, but I'm going to say this. I can't go out anymore it's lonely without you. And my bed, it doesn't have you in it. Do you remember our first time together? It felt amazing, I want you back like that, or just in bed with me cuddling... or just here. I go out and have quote on quote fun because you would want that. But I don't." He said and I watched him.

I walked to him placing a hand on his knee kneeling down in front of him. I wish he could see me. I pat his knee, 'I'll find a way back... some day. I love you.' I said knowing he can't hear me, I kiss his cheek standing up walking out.

I have to get to my body. I have to do something.

———

It's weird not seeing Peter next to the bed holding my hand. I sigh sitting down.

"How do I do this? How do I get back in my body? Do I have a time limit till it's too late?" I sighed softly and looked up seeing my father walk in.

"That kid isn't here... maybe he gave up on him." He said sitting in the empty chair I was sitting in I had stood up backing away. Even if he couldn't see me I was scared.

"Chris, the doctor said you can hear me. So, here we go I guess. I didn't expect you to actually try and kill yourself. I know it was my fault, all the drinking and even when sober I hurt you. I wanted you dead and I guess you listened. I am sorry. I'm sorry I made your mother try and poison your food and got pissed when you wouldn't eat, but why would you? I made you not even want to eat. It's my fault, the times I sent you in the hospital, it was like a home to you, when I beat you you would beg to go there... that's terrible." He paused looking at my body.

He looked down and opened his mouth to continue, "I know I wasn't always like that, we used to be a happy family. But we were all young... I was a 17 year old dad and your mom was only 16... we didn't know what to do but be happy... after I was old enough to drink I blamed you for everything, barely getting jobs, not really getting a good education. It's my fault though... you didn't deserve this son... we didn't deserve you." He sighed softly standing up, "when it if you wake up, never come home... I can't slip up anymore... and your mother...she says she is sorry too that she didn't stop it or help...we love you Chris. Goodbye." He walked out after that.

He never came back to visit. My mother never came. Peter started to never leave the hospital again. I don't know what to do anymore.

It's been months, I don't know how to go back, and when I am what will I do? I don't have a home... I don't want to bother Peter, I've hurt him enough...

Maybe I should give up.

"Chris, happy anniversary! It has been let me think 10 months since we've been together. Now since you aren't awake yet I can't really show you the present I got you. But... I kinda want to look at it so I hope you don't mind I'm going to unwrap it... sorry baby I'll wrap it again for when you wake up."

He smiled at my body kissing my cheek sitting down opening it to look at what he got me. To be honest he hasn't been at the hospital nights but during the day he will show up and sleep or hold my hand or watch my body like he has to protect it.

I look over his shoulder to see what it was, my eyes widen looking at a key. "I wanted to ask you to move in with me because well I've been working at a bar at night since I'm of age to serve drinks... I saved up for an apartment, it's small but big enough for us. I'm moved in and I want to start moving your things in but I don't know what you think." He rambled on softly looking at the key.

I stare at him, I wanted to cry but for some reason I can't. I run to his back placing my finger on his back. Starting to spell out, 'y-e-s! P-e-t-e-r I a-m s-o h-a-p-p-y! I-'l-l  f-i-n-d a w-a-y t-o y-o-u!' I did it very slow and his eyes were wide tears falling.

"Baby...wake up... I know you are here... please wake up... please.." he cried out holding my hand putting the key in the box.

I panic over his crying and start spelling out, 'I d-o-n-'t k-n-o-w h-o-w'

He cried out holding my hand harder. "I'll wait... but please hurry."

I will try. I promise