Chapter 16

Once I woke up the sun beating in my eyes, I knew it was going to happen. To me it felt right. Like it should happen. I slowly sat up and stretched getting changed.

Ready Chris? We have to ride your bike there.

That was a long ride. About 2 hours biking, I had to leave now if I wanted to get there on time for our plan to work out. I look at my phone to see a text from Peter.

Peter: hey baby, I hope you slept well. Tell me when you wake up? We can have a nice day together.

I bit my lip at the text trying hard not to cry at how he wanted to see me. He'll get a text soon. I looked at the time, 12:12 pm, it was time to go. I run down the stairs after taping my parent's note on the door and going to my bike.

As I ride my bike I listen to music trying to get my mind off things. I had to get there, that's all I cared about. I needed to get there. I had to jump, I had to die.

———
Once I got to the bridge I got off my bike propping it. I walked to the edge looking out. It was a pretty view, I don't mind dying this way.

You going to start Peter's note?

'I didn't think you would care.'

Just get it over with.

'I'm telling him where I am, and how. I didn't care about my parents but I care about him.'

Even though he doesn't care. But go ahead.

Me: Peter, I'm at a bridge, I guess I'll send you which one. I wanted to say goodbye. I am sorry you didn't know, I didn't want you to. I didn't want you to stop me. No one can stop me from this. I'm going to jump. I am standing at the edge while texting you. Maybe you don't love me, my head has been telling me you don't. Which scared me. You know how bad the bullies are, how bad my home life was. Was, wow already saying that. I'm sorry, I need to do this. But I wanted to talk to you one last time. This bridge is 20 minutes away from you, I biked here, it was a slow bike ride. This is better. You deserve better. Everyone does. I shouldn't be here, I know that now. I love you Peter. Maybe I'll see you in heaven. Or maybe I'm going to hell. I won't think about that too much. I love you, goodbye.

Five minutes later I am standing there, I wanted to see what he had to say before I did it. I know it will be sad, or maybe it won't be. I'm scared.

Peter: Chris?? Chris wait I am on my way. Please we can talk this out. I'm driving as we speak! Please wait... wait for me.

I slowly started to climb the little fence like structure to get ready to jump.

'Should we wait?'

No.

Then Peter started calling.

Deny the call. Let's go. Let's die.

'Let's go, let's die.'

I repeated, looking at the time it was now almost 3. I heard a voice screaming. A few actually, but one that I know.

"Chris!! Baby wait!!" It was Peter he sound like he was running.

The other voices were saying, 'oh my god, he's going to jump' 'someone stop him' 'don't do it kid' they didn't matter.

Peter got close enough for us to stare at each other. A car was driving so he couldn't get to me. Good. It's time.

"I'm sorry." I said and leaned my body forward and fell over.

I heard Peter scream and run faster and watch me fall. I saw his face for one last time, he was covering his mouth tears falling. People were screaming and watched it happen. Peter was now calling 911.

Good job Chris.

Everything was black after that. I could hear everything. But, it was black. Did it work? Am I dead?