Chapter 12

What if I told you we can move it up? The plan? It will be okay, you'll die and the lies will end. The sooner we do it and have it all planned out the sooner you will be free.

Will I be free? What would I be free from? The abuse at home? The endless thoughts that Peter will leave me? Free from those? But what will I be leaving behind? Peter..

I look over to the boy I call my boyfriend and his friends around the now crowded lunch table. His friends would make some jokes about gays but, they were kinda funny I would find myself chuckling. Peter holding my hand under the lunch table that was full of junk food his friends would munch on.

I'd be leaving this behind, Peter, his warmth, his smile. How would he feel?

Does it matter? What matters right now is your happiness. Chris this will be good, good for you. Don't think about what you leave behind they didn't care now. He's just lying.

As the voice was speaking I find myself staring at the table. Another voice cutting in.

"Chris? Our man Peter has told us about you so we knew some things. So you draw? That is cool." A tall teenage boy with green eyes and dyed blood red hair says.

"I.... I do draw.." I mumble my answer and I feel Peter's hand tighten on mine to calm me down.

"What do you draw?" The boy asks. What was his name? I don't usually talk to other people so I don't remember. But he looks like he is edgy, emo, weird, and looks like he is in a band. I think I've seen flyers.

The boy asked you a question.

I shake my head and looked down slightly, "I mainly draw Peter, or other people. But I'm more into drawing buildings and things around me.." I say as calmly as I can.

The boy smiled, "That's killer! You should design the logo for my band!" He said happily.

He's just trying to be nice, don't get hopes up.

I nod at the boy and he took out his red phone giving it to me, "Just put your number in tiny dude."

Tiny? Am I that small? I nodded and put my number in as Peter watched laying his head on my shoulder holding my hand more.

———
It's been a month. School as been okay, Peter's friends now say they are my friends. Apparently the boy with blood red hair was named Drake, his band had a name that was weird but I forgot it.

They are nice though but it is probably fake because they are Peter's friend. Home got worse. Gosh it got so much worse.

The plan was coming up in two more weeks. I bit my lip looking at my book for the plan. Where, when, what time, how to get there. I sigh softly as my phone goes off.

Peter: hey baby! Wanna hang out tonight just me and you? My friends have been hanging out with you too much!

I blush and think about hanging out with him.

I guess you can.

I smile softly at the voice silently thanking it. I start typing happily to see Peter tonight just us.

Me: come get me. ;)