Chapter 4

Sitting in that car I noticed I don't belong here. With him. Watching him drive like I am supposed to be happy he invited me to this. It's pity he pities me.

Peter is the person all the girls love he dated so many of them. Why did he ask me a gay annoying suicidal guy to go on a road trip on a school day. We sat in this car for now 3 hours in complete silence, until.

"I want to know..why?" He mumble driving.

My head snapped over scared, the road was empty he looked focused on the road. Driving with one hand, his other hand on my knee. I look out the window biting my lip.

"Why what?" I leaned my forehead on the glass avoiding eye contact.

"Why didn't you tell me you were gay?" He kept his hand on my knee making me wanna scream.

How could he ask that how could he? Why did he even ask? Did he care that much? Am I over thinking this?

I guess I was lost in my thought staring out the window because I felt his index finger tap on my knee. I turned to him blushing, I can't believe I was doing this. Now? While stuck in a car with him. In his surprise road trip he wanted to go on to skip school.

I sighed, "Why does that matter Peter?"

He glanced to me I could feel it then back to the road. He sighed softly shaking his head like he was little hurt.

"It matters because I wish you told me. I'm your best friend..! I'm always there for you Chris and I want you happy." He shook his head and smiled.

The end of that sounded like he was trying. I sunk a little more in the passenger seat looking out the window. Why was he asking this did he want to taunt me? That I can never have him?

"Can we make a pit stop...? For gas and snacks...?" I mutter hoping he will say yes so I can thinking how to answer question. And I did have to use the bathroom.

He nodded driving until he saw a gas station getting out to get gas. He handed me money for snacks and drinks and I ran inside. Where were we going anyway?

Once I got in the gas station I grabbed snacks and got us fountain drinks. I didn't put ice in mine because that's gross.

I had left my hoodie in the car and I guess Peter saw that, and I am guessing he finished the gas because he walked in hovering over me. His lips were so close to my ear as he whispered.

"Want me to give the cash and put the stuff on the counter?" He whispered softly tracing his fingers over my scars.

My eyes widen blushing almost dropping the drinks. I slightly groaned capping them and grabbing the straws. I hand him the snacks holding the drinks. His smile wide, oh how I loved that smile.

"Okay I can just tell them two drinks."

"I mean you can. I can use hold them until we get to the car. Not like we will see this person ever again so why would it matter if they saw."

"Because people are jerks and will say something or stare."

"Let's just go. Put the stuff in the car and let me use the bathroom Peter."

He smirked after that, "Use the bathroom in here?"

I growled and he walked to the counter putting the snacks down getting to money from my pokey winking at me. My cheeks turned red standing there.  He handed the person the money getting the receipt because I told him to.

We walked to the car and I put the drinks in and her threw the snack in my seat. Annoying but ugh I loved him.

"Chris hurry and use the bathroom I'll start the car."

He saw a car then turned to me out of no where kissing my cheek getting in the car. I blinked at least four times looking at the car he saw. It was a girl, actually the car look familiar.

The girl got out of the car going to Peter. It was her the girl he was seeing, how did she... why did Peter...

I hurry in the gas station to use the bathroom to hurry to the bathroom. After I was done to was washing my hands.

"Why did he kiss my cheek after seeing her car? Is he messing with me? Why would he..?"

I walk out seeing the girl glare at me and scream at Peter as he sat in the car. I saw him roll his eyes and see me. Walking to the car I can hear her a little better.

"Really you are with the freak?! You are lucky I stopped by your house and saw you leave! I followed you all the way here!! Is that freak making moves on you Peter? Let's ditch him here."

Each word hurt me and she just kept rambling. I got in the car and moved the snacks to my lap. Peter put his hand on my thigh and glared at the girl then smiled at her.

"He's not a freak if anyone is it's you. We are done I'm done with girls like you." He stuck his tongue out starting the car, "Get home, we have a journey and memories to make."

With that he started driving and took his hand off my thigh. He sighed loudly like he was annoyed. I never understood.

I didn't get why people liked girls they seemed complicated and rude. Maybe that's just my thought.