Chapter 20

It's been a year, a year since me jumping off the bridge. I still haven't found a way to get back to Peter. He stays during the day unless he has work. And at nights he goes to work. Right now he is sitting in the chair tapping the handle.

"I hate how I graduated without you baby. They said they will help you do like summer school one summer when you wake up so that you can graduate. I moved your stuff into the apartment! I got everything ready now... all I have to do is wait for you to wake up." He said softly.

I sighed standing there looking at him then my body. It's been a year. The doctors are getting worried that I might not wake up. But Peter refuses for them to touch me, my parents never check up, but are paying for my body to stay in this room to get treatment.

The casts are off, bruises and stitches healed, scars on my face, I look different.  A little weird if you ask me. I get lonely when Peter is gone, I get scared that I won't find a way to be with him, scared he will give up.

———

A few days pass by and Peter is sitting in the chair, "I got a raise! I'm the manager! And well we will do great.." he smiled at my body. He doesn't know it but I'm smiling too. He was doing so well and I was so proud of him. I wish I could tell him with my voice.

I walked over looking at him he always had a light in his eyes when looking at my body. Like he still believed I will wake up. But I don't know how to.

"I don't want to rush you baby believe me, but I miss you and I want you back... to hear your voice..." he said softly looking at my body.

I nodded slightly, I know you do, I know you miss me. I know you want me back. And I want you to know I am trying. Every night I find a way to a computer to look, they think the computer is glitching out and they are getting a new one. You would find that funny.

I don't want you to lose hope in me baby. I will find a way... I will try my hardest to wake up to your face to be with you. I want to now... I don't want to die I don't want to leave you.

———
I was on the computer, get that a spiritual figure or whatever I am on a computer trying to see if I can find a way to wake up. A way back to Peter.

Maybe one day I will.