Chapter 5

It's been a week, a week since the road trip. Since I told Peter I love him. My phone has never been on so much. Texts upon texts from him.

I was texting him, I didn't know what it was but our texts were different after the trip. After I told him. I glance at my phone as it went off with his name.

"Don't...please don't make me feel like all those girls..." I said to myself.

I reached for my phone when my door swung open, showing my drunken father. His eyes dark, like he had a murder plan. I stumbled to my feet as fast as I could.

"You little slut, think I wouldn't find out you snuck out to that kid's house? You didn't go to school." He growled.

I always hated that growl, tears prickling in my eyes. No I only told my mother. Why would she tell him?

I got snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a hand around my neck. I gripped his wrists as he lifts me.

All I could do was struggle and cough but the more I did that the tighter he was holding my neck. I can't breathe. I pass out a few minutes later. He dropped my body to the ground and started kicking me.

I woke up coughing sore. I tried to get up to fall again.

"He..." I touched my neck and winced. I broke crying hearing my phone buzz with a call.

I crawl to the bed to my phone. Peter.. I need to text him. I grab the phone seeing it was Peter calling.

Answer, answer the call before he worries.

"Hello?" I cough.

"Chris! Where were you all night? You just stopped texting?" He sounded worried.

"He...Peter he..." I couldn't speak. It was a Saturday morning around 10:00 am and I wanted out of this hell hole I lived in.

"Chris I'm coming to get you." Peter said almost rushed I heard him running on the other line.

"Hurry..." I hung up after that crying waking to my mirror. Bruises around my neck.

Lifting my shirt was a mistake, bruises were scattered all around my body. He must have done this when I passed out. I hate him. I hate this world. I wanna die.

Minutes pass and I'm sitting on my porch waiting for Peter. My mother walked out looking worried maybe a little scared.

"Chris let me see you." She said like she cared.

I hate lies I hate it, she is the biggest lie in my life. "Stay away from me. I'm not telling you anything anymore. Because of you he knew, because of you he almost killed me. And where were you? No where. Don't start shit you can't finish. Or I'll finish it for you."

I saw Peter's car come up. I stood and turned to her. Her eyes widened looking at my neck and arms. Cuts all over them. I smiled the best fake smile and stumbled to Peter's car.

"Get in Chris I'm getting you out of here."

"I'll have to come back or he will hurt you for taking me for more than two days.." I said as I got in the car.

Peter stares at my neck, I looked at him. I was about to say something until I felt his gentle hand on my new bruises. His face got closer. I looked away blushing.

"Let's leave.."

"Chris..I..." he started and sighed starting to car and started to drive his hand on my leg gently rubbing his thumb on my leg.

It calmed me, I fell asleep in his car as he drove even if his house wasn't that far. I was so tired, so weak. I wasn't myself, I wanted to die.. now.

I woke up in Peter's bed. He was holding me and I just started crying. He flinched at my crying holding me closer.

I covered my face screaming in my hands crying harder. His arms around my body, my ugly body. I'm so worthless so bad.

"AHHH!!!" I scream in my hands crying.

"Chris!!! Chris look at me!!!" Peter tried to move my hands.

Showing my ugly face. His stunning one full of worry. I cried harder. I wanna die.

Peter stares in my eyes, "Chris hey shhh I'm here it's okay. He won't hurt you here." He said so calmly.

I calmed down trying to get my breathing under control. He took my shirt off, "Let me check what he did to you.." he said softly. Like he was sad.

All around my ugly worthless body was cuts and bruises the cuts from me or my father when he has a knife when drunk, and the bruises from my father. He traced his fingers on my body to my neck.

"Oh Chris..." he said softly.

"I know..." I cried out, "I'm so ugly..."

His eye met mine, "No you aren't!...I just wish you didn't get hurt so much.." with that he kissed me.

A week after I tell him how I feel, he kissed me. Me... I kissed back trying my best to not think so much.

"Chris..." he started to speak and I was still crying shaking my head and kissed him more shaking in fear.

I hope Peter doesn't love me like I love him... it would make dying bad for him..