Chapter 6

How long has it been? Since the kiss. Days? Weeks? Probably weeks, he holds my hand at school now. Are we dating? He hasn't texted since we left school.

My father has beaten me more on his drunken nights but at this point what is new? Days can go by in a blur to me and I don't feel like leaving my bed today. But it's a school day..

I text Peter to see if he is picking me up like he does now. I grab my bag walking down the stairs and felt a push. I flew down the stairs hearing a scream. The front door banging open. Then Peter's face his perfect face...with horror filled eyes and scream from him. It went dark.

Where am I? What is that sound? Sirens? What's going on?? Where's Peter?

When I came to it I was in a hospital bed. Peter's voice echoing the room. Of course, he is here but how did he find out?

"Chris. Honey..." my mother.

I turn my head and wince at the pain, my mother, why is she here? I sighed softly feeling dizzy again.

"Where is Peter??.." I said with a soft voice.

I didn't want my mother, I don't want my father. I want Peter. I look around a little my head pounding. What happened..?

"Chris...!" Peter screamed pushing through nurses and doctors, "No let me through!!" he then met my eyes.

"Peter..." I mumble sitting up better holding my head in pain. I want to know what happened to me. I need to know.

Peter got through and ran to me cupping my face in his hands. Oh his hands, I don't know what I would do without his hands.

"Chris I saw it all... Are you okay?" he gently pressed his forehead on mine. My mother staring at us and she sighed standing up.

She walked out to my father who was still clearly drunk. He glared at me while I sat in the hospital bed. I knew he hated me it wasn't hard to see, he wanted me dead hell I wanted me dead.

Peter told me to try and scooch over to make room for him. He helped me to move as he got in the hospital bed with me resting his head on my shoulder. His tan long fingers intertwine with mine.

"He pushed you really hard. You shouldn't be in that house, Chris." Peter said softly, "I can call the cops and tell them what I saw..."

I shook my head fast panicking and winced, "NO...I mean... No.. Please Peter.. Just, hold me." I leaning into him in pain.

I want this pain to end I don't want to be here but my mother would hate me if I told Peter to call the cops. Maybe she would be like my father maybe worse. But now I know what happened to me.

Days went by, Peter would text every day and if I didn't answer he would call. He was more scared if my father did something. School had ended and it was now summer. I spent most of my days at Peter's house, a lot of his ex's would call and ask him to go to their houses for the night but he always said no.

It was night time and I was in his bed there was a scar on my head now from what happened to me days ago because of my father. I didn't usually pack clothes because Peter would let me steal his hoodie when I was over. He got in bed asking if I wanted to order food and watch a movie.

I guess I was zoning out because he kissed my cheek mumbling, "Chris baby, did you hear me?" a blush crept across my face gripping his hoodie sleeves I was wearing.

"I uh... I did I promise. Let me pick the movie you pick the food.." I mutter getting up all I was wearing was the hoodie and black boxers looking through his movies.

I heard the floor creak meaning he was walking. I felt two arms go around my waist pulling him close, "I'm glad you are here and not there.. It is safer for you to be here with me." he placed a kiss on my neck and walked out to order food as I stood there looking at movies.

Even though I am safe here, I still have the feeling that I shouldn't be here, my father will start looking for me and he knows Peter is my only friend. It won't be safe for Peter to be hiding me here with him.

I picked a comedy that would hopefully make me feel better. I got back in the bed sitting there with my legs crossed waiting for Peter I had already put the disk in biting my lip waiting for him.

He came back waving his phone, "I got pizza for us." he said walking in the room closing the door with a click. He looked at the movie I picked and smiled, "Yay I love this movie." He said tossing his phone to the side.

Getting in the bed with me holding me close as I watched the movie he would place kisses on my neck. He liked to make marks on my neck, they felt nice not like any marks I have ever received before. I didn't get it really.

Why did he like me? I didn't even like me, no one liked me but Peter liked to compliment me and kiss me everywhere. He never acted like this with anything another girl I didn't really get it. I leaned against him jumping when I heard the loudest bang at the front door.