Is this safe haven really safe?

"You still havent explained to me why we are crawling through vents kid." I say flatly following the kid through the vents
"My names Aries not kid." He pauses for a brief moment looking behind him. "And youll find out soon" I huff in frustration as I continue to shimy my way through the small vents. "Why cant you tell me where were going?" I ask. He huffs and I can tell hes annoyed by my questions.
"Because its easier if I just show you rather than have to explain it." He says continuing to shimey though the vents.

"Are we there yet at least?" I ask continuing to shimy through the pipes. Aries stops and looks behind him.

"Are you a child?" He asks before continuing further into the vents. He stops about 5 seconds later.
"Im sorry that wasnt nessacary" he says before continuing. I chuckle under my breath as we continue into the vents. About 3 minutes later I see Aries come to a halt crouched down this time as the vent hass gotten big enough for us to crouch in. I crouch in front of him and look down through a vent gate that is above a hallway. We sit in silence for about a minute.

"So what am I supposed to be looking at here?" I ask as I am confused on what is supposed to be happening.
"Youll see" says Aries still looking down the vent.

"Look ki- I mean Aries i'd much rather been in my room sleep right now. There is clearly nothing to show." I say as I crouch walk back to the way we came from.

"Wait dont leave!" He whisper yells to me."Aries theres nothing to show and im not about to waste my time." I say flatly. I am about half way into the way we came when I hear Aries call for me. I climb back out of the vent.
"What now?" I ask.
"They will be here any minute okay? I promise."
"They? What do you mean by they?" I ask slowly making my way back to the vent.
"Stay and you will find out." He says looking into my eyes. I dont know what it was but something about his stare made me stay. It made it seem like it was urgent. I crouch over by the vent waiting.

"Do you hear that?" He asks looking at me as he puts his ear closer to the vent. I do the same. As I listen closely I can hear heels click on the floor over and over again slowly getting closer.
"I thought they would be asleep by now?" I say kinda shocked.
"Thats what I thought to." Aries say."now watch"

We both wait. I see the doctor come into view slowly was she takes her ID out of her pocket and scans it on the scanner. Almost immediately a door to her left slides open for her. Instead of walkong inside she steps to the left of the door as if she was waiting for something. I start to see men walk into the room hauling some sort of stretcher with a sheet over some sort of object. About 5 stretchers are hauled into the room in under a minute.

"What was that?" I ask as the last stretcher is hauled into the room and the door shuts.
"Im not sure but thats what im trying to figure out." He says.
"By the looks of it though they look like bodies are being dragged in every night."

"Everynight? So this has happened more than once?" I ask looking at him confused. All he does is nod in agreement.

"Also what do you mean bodies? How would they get a body? And from whom?" I asked still baffled by the conclusions Aries is coming up with.

He sighs."They are lieing about what they are trying to do. They arent trying to help us and I can feel it." Says Aries biting his nails.

"What are you saying?" I ask

"Im saying." He sighs before continuing."I dont think anyone ever really leaves here." Says Aries.

"So your saying it may he possible that both Aaron and Eric may have been one of the people on those stretchers?" I ask as I feel worry spread across my whole body causing tears to weel up in my eyes. Aries nods in agreement.

I fall to the bottom of the vent slowly pulling my legs to my chest as quietly as I can.

"But..." Aries adds. "We dont know what behind that door and I can be completely wrong. Maybe Eric and Aaron are safe. But this feels odd to me. The only way to really figure out whats happening is to wait for people who have the same suspicious that me and you had when we walked into those doors." Aries says trying to be reassuring.

"How long will it be until you know the right group of people show up?" I ask starting to pull my legs away from my chest.
"Im not sure. But im hoping sooner rather than later." Says Aries. We sit in silence for about another minute.
"Come on I will take you back into your room." Says Aries as he crouch walks back to the entrance that we came from slowly army crawling his way through. Soon after I follow him.

As we shimy in complete silence I make an attempt to break it.
"Aries..." I say behind him
"Hm?" He says still army crawling through the vent.
"What gave you the idea to go through the vents in the first place?" I ask. I see Aries stop in his tracks and I feel as if I have crossed a line with my question. Before I can apologize he answers my question.

"My friends...They were taken the day we got here. And when I went up to say goodbye just as you did with Eric they told me thag if I try to touch them again I will fall upon the same fate my friends will..." He says before continuing down the vent. "Ever since then ive been trying to figure out what was really happening.

"Im sorry." I say. Aries givea no response. We spen the remainer of the time in silence.

In about 5 minutes we make it back to my room. He unlatches the gate to the vent and crawls through. Before standing up he reaches his hand down to the vent in a attempt to help me get out of the vent. As I am scared of people touching me that I dont know I smack his hand to the side.
"I can get out myself ya know that right?" I say as I shimy myself outof the vents. I stand up right next to Aries before he slips back under the bed and into the vent. I kneel on the floor watching him enter the vent. Before he can close the vent he asks me this.

"Whats your name by the way."

"(Y/N)" I say before handing him the gate for the vent so he can close it. He cloaes the gate shut and waves bye. I wave back as I see the kid slowly be consumed by the darkness as I no longer see him. I stand up and instantly plop onto the bunk right above the vent.

'if Aries is right about this and my brother and my friend are truly in danger maybe I should trust him and follow his lead' I say before letting the darkness consume me as well as I fall into a deep sleep.

...A week later...

Aries and I have been exploring the vents for a whole week now trying to figure out whats really going on.

I grab a tray and fill it with food and sit by Aries like I always do at dinner.
"Hey" I say sitting acroos the tabel from him. He nods and smiles at me being silent as always. As silence may annoying a lot of people I quite enjoy it with him. It giver me a sence of saftey.

Before I could take a bite of my food I hear the doors open revealing a new group of people. Some of their faces are concerning as they look suspicious about the set up. I look at Aries and see him staring at the group with a smerk on his face.

"Wait why are you smirking? Do you think they are the group?" I ask kinda excited at the possibility of it being. I look back and fourth at Aries and the new group who seem to be freshly showered. I spot on kid with sandy blonde hair staring at me with confusion as I look back a fourth from my friend to his group of friends. I immediately advert my eyes from his pretending like nothing happened. I can feel embarrassment fall upon me as my cheeks suddenly are filled with warmness as I can tell im turing red. Aries just laughs at me. I hit him in the arm as a reaction.

Jenson does his regular talk he does every time. After Jeson is done all i hear Aries say is

"Thats the group" I look at him quickly as I am very excited that we finally got the group we needed. We finally get to see whats behind those doors.