Flashback

3 months ago:

“This is where the train is supposed to be?” I asked Thomas, looking at the train tracks below me. I look at Thomas, and see him nod as he begins to think.

In three months time, Minho will be on a train, on these train tracks right here, and that's when we get him back, and Eric and Aaron.

“Newt!” I hear Thomas yell into the scorched desert. “Where are you and (y/n) gonna be?” He asks. I see Newt peek out from behind a rock, a few meters away from the train. “This one should work!” I hear Newt yell back to Thomas before starting a jog towards Thomas and I who are still on the train tracks. He finally meets us on the train tracks, breathing heavily trying to catch his breath. I smile at him struggling.

“What you bloody laughing about?” Newt asks with a smirk on his face. “I'm laughing at you being so out of shape, didn't the maze teach you a thing or two?” I retort. “Thats it” Newt says before practically jumping on me and roughing up my hair. “Alright, Alright! Im done” I laugh, trying to break out of his gasp. He finally releases me and we all start to laugh.

“Lets head back to camp” Thomas says before turning on his heels and walking towards the parked car, only a few feet away from the train tracks.

We all hop into the car and Thomas puts the gear in drive before speeding down the sandy road.

“I have a question.” I say from the back set, and I slightly sit on the edge of my seat, my elbows leaning on the middle compartment. “Ask away” Thomas says, his eyes focused on the road. “Any weird people in your maze? Or people of significance?” I ask curious. Newt and Thomas look at each other before grains are plastered on both of their faces.

“There was this one guy, smartest and strongest guy I think I have ever met in my life. He wasn't strong physically per-say, but he was totally strong mentally and he helped me through a lot. Other than Minho and Tommy here, he was my best friend.” Newt finishes. He looks out the window and I can see his face change from happy to sorrow. “What was his name?” I ask, curious on what his name was…

Newt smiles before answering with a simple word.

“Alby.”

“He sounds like a great guy” I smile at him. Newt looks at me before saying, “He was.”

“What about you Thomas, anyone of significance for you?” I ask, Thomas sighs before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a wooden figurine, hand carved. Whoever made this is incredibly talented. Thomas hands me it and I look at it between my fingers. My thumb slightly grazing over the surface of the figure.

“Who is it?” I ask Thomas, my gaze still on the figurine. There's a slight pause before Thomas answers.

“Chuck”

“What happened to him?” I ask Thomas. I look up at Thomas after he hasn't answered the question in about 1 minute. I can see a tear fall down his cheek before he quickly wipes it away.

“You don't have to answer me, I know it's probably a touchy-” before I can finish Thomas interrupts me, saying only five words, that made my heart break a little.

“He died saving my life.” Thomas finally says. Before I can respond he continues. “We had just escaped the maze, all of us, including Chuck. A video of Ava Paige had just played doors were open. We were so close…” Thomas stops for a second before continuing. “People decided to stay behind in the maze, they thought going into the maze would be a death trap. One person in particular decided to stay, and before we could leave he stopped us. The look in his eyes is a look I will never forget, he looked… insane. He was clearly stung but, I wasn't paying attention to that. He raised up a gun and pointed it at me, he wanted me dead… no one else. When he was about to pull the trigger Chuck stepped in front of me, Minho threw a spear at him before he could shoot but, that didn't stop him. He shot the gun anyways, and it went right through Chucks chest.” Thomas paused for a second. “He gave me that before he died.” Thomas said, referring to the wooden figurine. “How old was he?” I asked, looking at the figurine with sorrow.

“13 or so.” Thomas said. My heart broke even more at what he had just said. 13? Who would put a kid in a maze where they can never get out and never remember their family? That young? I thought I was too young to be in that maze.

“Who killed him?” I asked, wanting to know this child killers name. Thomas didn't even have to think about it, he just said it.

“Gally”

The mood in the car had completely changed from sorrow to complete and utter anger as soon as Thomas said his name.

“Well” I start, hoping to lighten the mood. “I didn't have a crazy child killer, but I had this one guy who was obsessed with this one goat we had, and he never let us kill it. No matter what.” I smile a little, Newt and Thomas both begin laughing until we are all basically dying of laughter in our seats.

....

Sorry about such the short chapter but this is kinda, pretty important to the story sooo😂

Also this beauty right here, Steven Yeun is have a baby girl!!!!!! He already has a son but his wife is pregnant and its a girl and im so happy!😭❤

Also if you havent followed me on instagram yet go follow me @ c.ranx and on my other insta account where I post Walking Dead stuff instead of Tmr stuff so go follow my Twd account @ t.wdxrhee ☺