Goodbye

I wipe my sweaty brows as I finally finish making a stretcher for Winstion. I drag it over to where everyone is sitting, which is right by Winstion. I place the stretcher down and crouch in front of everyone.
"Alright,this should work" I say.
"We wont knwo until we try." Teresa as she stands up and moves towards the stretcher.
"Looks sturdy enough" she finishes. I purse my lips together as she gives me a pat on the back. I look up at Thomas and he looks at me with a look of guilt. I advert my eyes and meet Newts gaze. I immediately smile and he smiles back. Thomas gets up.
"Alright, Thanks (Y/N)..." Thomas says,looking at me. I nod and grab Winstions bag that he was carrying and throw it on my back, along with my own. Thomas and Minho carefully put Winstion on the stretcher. Minho grabs one end and begins dragging it. We all follow behing Minho, the sad energy of the group weighing us down with every step we take. Newt and I walk behind the whole group, with Aris and Thomas ahead of us and Fry and Teresa ahead of them,Minho leading us closer to the mountains.
Newt starts to laugh a litrle unexpectedly. I look at him and furrow my brows at him with a slight smile on my lips.
"Why are you laughing?" I ask.
"I was just rememering the first time we met, ya know in my room." He looks at me and meets my gaze. I can feel my cheecks burning up as I blush hard. I look away in embarrasment.
"Dont be embarrassed. You were adorable" Newt says. That comment only makes me blush even harder.
"I cant believe I landed on you." I manage to let out a small chuckle. He returns the laugh.
"Over here guys!" We hear Minho yell as he heads towards a crumbled structure.
"Finally somewhere to rest." Says Newt with a voice of relife. We walk over to a structure and I immediately sit down, allowing my legs to rest. Newt sits down next to me, Minho sits across from me aside Thomas and Frypan and Teresa and Aris sit next to Winstion who is now on the floor.
"Imma go see how far we are from the mountains." Says Teresa as she stands and begins to walk over to the top of the hill.
"Ill go with you." Says Thomas as he stands and lightly trots after Teresa.
"So" says Minho "what were you two lovebirds laughing at earlier." My face turns red at Minho comment.
"I was just reminding (Y/N of the first night we met her. Do you guys remember that?" Says Newt.
"You mean the night this Shank snuck into our room and landed right on you with her shirt off? How could I forget." He says as he begins laughing. Everyone else soon joins.
"Oh shut it" I say slightly laughing. "Also ever since I met you guys you have been saying these weird words like Shank and Slinthead. Why?" I ask curiously.
"I have been wondering the same thing." Aris chimes in with a smile.
"Its hard to explain how it started it just did. It became slang for the glade." Minho says. I furrow my brows further at them.
"Glade? Whats a glade?" I ask.
"That was what we called the middle of the maze. Ya know where we slept and ate and had casual conversation." I smile at them. Ive really started to love these guys. They have become like my family at this point.
I look to my left as I saw movement coming from that direction from my peripheral view. I look and see Winstion slowly pulling a gun closer to his head. My eyes widen.
"No!" I yell as I practically jump on Winstion right before he pulls the trigger. The bullet nearly misses mine and his head. I take the gun as I hold my ears from the ringing sensation thats happening.
"What are you doing!?" Me and Fry yell in unision.
I get up still holding the gun.
Thomas and Teresa come running over to us.
"Whats happening!?" Yells Thomas.
"He grabbed the gun and tried to shoot himself but I got to him before death did, I guess." I say. My hands are shaking as ny anxiety starts to climb out of me.
This is not the time to have a emotinal break down...
I feel someone grab my hand and intertwine their fingers with mine. I look and see Newt who is holding my hand looking at Winstion. Usually I would pull away, but this time, I let it happen.
"Please..." I hear Winstion whisper. I look at him.
"Its spreading..." He says as he lifts his shirt to expose his stomach, that is ripped to shreds. Its completely black and looks very infected.
"Please...dont let me become one of those things..." Winstion says as if he is desperate. My hands still shaking tear begin to form in my eyes. I feel hands grab for the gun and see Newt take the gun from my hold. I look at him with wide eyes.
"Newt..." Thomas says. Newt ignores him as he walks over to Winstion and crouches down. He lightly places the gun on his chest, than proceeds to grab Winstions hand and places it on the gun. Winstion looks at Newt.
"Thank you..." I hear Winstion say. My heart breaks and I cant take it anymore. I let the tears fall from my eyes.
"Goodbye Winstion..." Newt says before standing up and grabbing his bag. He puts it on his shoulder. He looks at Winstion one last time before walking off, with his head hanging low. I look at Winstion. Fry and Minho walk over to him with tears in their eyes. They both walk away after saying goodbye and Teresa and Aris follows. Its just me and Thomas now. I walk over to Winstion and kneel by him.
"Im sorry..." I say as my bottom lip quivers.
"Its not your fault. Im glad we found you." He says. I smile at the boy. As tears fall down and onto the sand. I grab Winstions face and kiss him on the forehead.
"Goodbye..." I say before getting up, I grab my bag. I grab Thomas by the arm.
"We have to go..." I say. Thomas grabs his bag and walks slowly behind me. We walk away from Winstion only about 2 minutes away from him. I stop in my tracks as I hear a gun fire. I jump at the sound, and that was the final straw. I drop all of my stuff on the floor and fall to my knees, letting loud sobs leave my mouth. I feel arms wrao around me and realize they are Newts. I relax in them and let more tears fall into his chest. I feel more arms wrap around both Newt and I.
"Its okay (Y/N)... We all miss him..." Says Newt and he places a small kiss on my head. Right now I dont even care about being touched. I havent been comforted in a while so I needed this.

***Time Skip***

Im awoken by Newt as he shakes me. I look at him with my brows furrowed.
"We have to go" he says urgently. I sit up immediately.
"Why?" I ask. Thomas look as me and then points into the distance.
"We made it" he says. I look in the distance and see lights. I let my mouth hang open and I smile. My smile quickly fades as I hear loud thunders and cracks coming from behind me. I turn around and see that a huge thunder storm is getting closer and closer to us.
"We have to go..."