The Inevitable

Before we get into this chapter I would just like to say that im sorry for not posting in over a month, im a lazy shithead sooooo... Im so sorry though, I love younalk for being so patient, thank you!

We sigh in relief as we finally stop running. My thighs burn as my lungs beg for air which I gratefully can now catch. I lean my back on the small concrete wall behind me, slouching further down so no one can spot my now messy and sweaty hair. I sit next to Newt, who looks as if he's gonna pass out at any minute. I hear Gally and Thomas talking to each other but am to focus on Newt to eavesdrop at the moment.

Minho swiftly moves in front of Newt as he pats his shoulder, I can see a flash of sadness cross Minho's face but he quickly covers it up.

"How are you feeling?" Minho asks concerningly, his still wet hair moving side my side slightly from the wind, or from every breath he takes.

Newt manages to chuckle before responding, "Terrible." He says with a slight smirk. "It's good to see you though." Newt says as he places his hand on Minho's shoulder, genuinely happy to see him. I smile at them as its good to see them together again. Minho grips Newts hand for a short moment before swiftly making it over to Thomas and Minho.

I look at Newt as he hastily tries to unbutton his now dirty and torn up jacket. "Here." I say as I help him with the last button, as he was clearly struggling. Newt smirks at me slightly but I just roll my eyes and Thomas walks over to us.

"Alright Newt we gotta go." He says as he grabs Newt and swings his arm over his shoulder, supporting most of his weight. They begin to walk slowly and I join Minho and Gally for a brief moment.

"Why are you helping us Gally?" Minhos asks, genuinely confused as one may and should be. "I put a spear through your chest." Minho finishes as he furrows his brows at Gally, I chuckle slightly but quickly pull it together as Minho gives me a short glance.

"Nobodys perfect man." Gally says with a tight lipped smile before patting Minho on the side and following behind Thomas and Newt. I look at Minho as he looks at me, a confused expression on his face.

"What he said." I say before walking after Gally, staying quite a ways away from him just in case trouble comes. I eventually hear Minho following me.

……..

"Let me help." Minho says as he grabs the other side of Newt as he almost passes out. I look at him and tears brim my eyes, he looks miserable. The veins in his face are now bulging and throbbing, black goo like liquid slowly coming out of his mouth, and his eyes were bloodshot red and puffy. I walk alongside Gally, right behind the other three as we hear a loud boom come from the right of us. I turn and see fire erupting from the gates of the city, debris flying everywhere. We all stand and look at the scene unfolding in front of us.

"We were supposed to take out WICKED not the whole damn city." Gally says truthfully, shock clearly evident on his face.

"Lets go." I say quickly, now leading.

I lead them around a sharp corner heading where Gally told me the tunnels were. Hut before I could continue on I see guards lining the street, as if they were waiting for something.

"Shit." I whisper as I quickly duck down behind a concrete wall, the others following suit. I look at Newt as I hear another coughing fit. He sees the look im giving him but quickly waves me off, mouthing 'im fine' to me before slouching down on the wall.

"Damnit." Gally says as he leans his head against the wall, trying not to get seen.

"What are they waiting for?" Minho says, worry written all over his face. I look around but jump back as an explosion erupts to the right of me, Newt arms fly around my waist and pull me back, and away from the explosion. At a different moment in time, I would be a blushing mess, but considering the circumstances…