Because of Me

I open my eyes as I hear Thomas' voice. I look slightly to my left and see him shooing off a crow, that was eating out of one of our bags. I look up and see that my head is resting on Newts lap. I instantly sit up, my movement causing Newt to open his eyes. We stare at eachother and he smiles at me slightly. I hold back the urge to smile, and instead I purse my lips together and look away from Newts gaze. It hurt me to look away, but I cant get to close to any of these boys. I look further to my left and see Winstion laying down, his head resting on a small slad of concrete. His breaths are heavy yet quick. I walk over to him and crouch by his body. I lift his shirt slightly to see what were dealing with.
Not as bad as I thought but it will get worst.
I purse my lips together and shake him lightly to wake him up. He opens his eyes slightly. I stare into his gaze, his eyes dark, puffy and really red.
"Time to get up." I whisper. He closes his eyes once more before nodding. I get up and walk over towards my bag that is by Newt. He look at me.
"What?" I say staring at him. As small smile suddenly emerging from my mouth. I quickly shake it off and look back at my bag.
"Thank you again..." He says. I look at him and stare into his eyes. I can tell hes broken. I let a genuine smile appear on my lips, this time I dont let it fade. "Of course." I say before closing up my bag and swinging it around my shoulder. Newt reaches over towards Minho and shakes his shoulder. "Wake up shank." Says Newt. Minho shakes his hand off his shoulder.
"Five more minutes." He says sleepily. Newt chuckles slightly under his breath. He reaches over to Minho and shakes his shoulder, rougher this time.
"Come on Slinthead. We have a long journey ahead. We need to walk towards the mountains." He says before standing up and pulling his bag over his shoulders. Minho stands and finally and looks at Newt. "Slinthead" he says before they both burst out into a laughing fit. I smile at the scene thats playing out infront of me. I look over and see Thomas helping Frypan and Tereasa up. He looks at me and smiles. I smile back. I look back at Newt and Minho and remember what Newt had said.
The mountains?
I furrow my brows at Newt. "The mountains?" I say "Whats in the mountains." Newt and Minho both look at me.
"While you were passed out Thomas told us about this camp that WICKED was talking about." He continues "Its called the Right Arm and apparently they take in immunes like us and make sure we are safe from WICKED." Newt says. I look at them at squint my eyes at them.
"The mountains." I say "Like, mountain people?" I say as I furrow my brows at the boys.
"Thats what Newt said last night." Aris Chimes in. I turn around and see Aris zipping up his backpack. I laugh. I turn around and see Winstion and see him smiling slightly. My heart breaks at that sight. I dont know him that well but I can tell that hes a good person. He looks up at us.
"Dont let me stop you guys from laughing." He continues "I was enjoying myself." He says before going into a coughing fit. Thomas and Fry walk over to the poor boy. The both crouch down near him, both on oppisite sides.
"How ya doing?" Thomas asks somberly. He moves his head towards Thomas. "I've been better" he says. Thomas nod slightly.
"He me get him up." Says Thomas. Fry nods and they both gran Winstion my the hand and pull him up. Winstion grunts but manages to stand by himself.
"Can you walk?" I ask walking towards him slightly. He nods. "Alright." Thomas says. "Lets go."

...Time Skip....

We've been walking for hours now. Occasionally having to outrun or hide from Wicked, or the cranks. We climb up hills and hills of sand. I look up and see another hill of sand. I groan at the thought of having to climb another sand hill. We begin to walk up the hill. We get to the top and look into the distance.
"Seems to just be getting further and further." Says Newt. I nod in agreement.
"This is going to take us days to get there." I continue "and I dont know if some of us have days..." I mumble to myself, but I know everyone heard me as they look in my direction. I look at Newt as he stares at me. I can tell he agrees with me he just doesnt want to admit it.
"Winstion!" I hear people scream. I look to my left and see Winstion slowly falling down the hill. Everyone rushes towards him. I slowly walk over to the group and peek over everyone. Winstion is laying underneath everyone, his breaths getting heavier. You can hear him wheeze as if his lungs are slowly collapsing. "Winstion..." I hear Thomas whisper. "He wont be able to walk anymore." I say still standing. Everyone looks at me. "So he wont." Says Thomas. He than tries to pick up Winstion bridal style but he groans in pain. I rush over to Thomas to get him to stop.
"Thomas, we cant move him. At least not like that." I say looking at Thomas intently. He is still trying to pick up Winstion but I grab his arm.
"Tommy, we cant carry him like that." Newt chimes in. Everyone else is silent as they look at the ground.
"Thomas just put him down..." I say. Thomas looks at me and I can see his eyes are turing sweaty. "Just put him down..." I somberly whisper. He obeys and lightly places Winstion back down on the sand. I look at Newt and see that his eyes are filled with tears. My heart breaks.
"Okay, lets get him down this hill and we will make something to carry him in..." I say everyone nods. "Okay Newt and I will slowly bring him down the hill, everyone else go ahead and look for anything to make some sort of stretcher." I say. Everyone nods as they hesitantly leave Newt and I behind with Winstion. I look at Newt and he looks back at me.
"Hes going to be okay..." I say to Newt, even though I know hes not going to. He nods at me.
"You get his legs" I say, Newt nods and walks over to his legs. I walk over to his head and grab underneath his arms.
"Ready?" Newt asks. I nod. "On three...one...two...Three." He says before we both slowly lift him up, which makes Winstion close his eyes with groabs of pain.
"Sorry..." I say to Winstion as we continue down the hill.
"Im glad that we met you." Says Newt. I look at him as see him staring at Winstion.
"You've helped a lot... Youre always there for everyone yet you just met us." He says before finally meeting my gaze.
"Well" I start "Without you guys I would probably still be at the WICKED facility. So how about we call it even" I say smiling at him.
Wait... I just realized that Aris never told me what he saw at the Facility...
I am pulled out of my thoughts as I fall backwards on accident pulling Newt and Winstion down with me. We kinda slide down a little bit but now alot. Winstion screams from pain.
"Shit." I mumble. I look at Winstion as ge holds his stomach slightly.
"(Y/n) are you okay?" Newts asks "Yeah im fine." I get out from underneath Winstion at look at him.
"Im so sorry..." I say. Thomas and Minho come running.
"What happened!?" Asks Thomas. "I accidentally dropped Winstion." I say. Thomas looks at me with fire in his eyes.
"I-im sorry Thomas, the sand made me slip." I say trying to find a reasonable excuse.
"We shouldnt have taken you... Because of you this happened...you lead us the wrong way, and now Winstion might die..." Thomas says. My heart hurt from that comment.
Hes right, I lead them to a dead end and Winstion paid the price...
Tears begin to well up in my eyes at his words.
"Slim it Tommy..." Says Newt " she said it was an accident."
"No Newt dont try to cover for me. Hes right." I stand "I will own up to my mistakes."
"You guys move him, be careful for his stomach try not to damage it more..." I begin to walk off but Newt grabs my wrist. I look at him.
"Where are you going?" He asks sounding dissapointed.
"To make him a stretcher." I say before walking off. As I walk off I feel tears fall down my cheeck. I try to hide them but its hard.

Hes right...Winstion might die because of me...