Bastard

I swing my legs back and forth as they hang off the top of the building we are all residing in, about to put the plan in motion. After Newts little outburst earlier today Thomas went to talk to him and came back, not even sparing a glance towards me as if he was scared to look at me. But from the small glance I got from him I knew his eyes were full of sadness, which is what I blamed for Thomas suddenly uninterested in talking to me. I didn't know why he was sad as Newt nor Thomas didn't talk to me the rest of the day.

After all of the commotion Thomas finally decided to go through with the plan involving kidnapping Teresa.

So here I was, watching the sun set as thoughts racked my mind, causing my brain to slightly hurt as it tries to comprehend what had happened earlier. All I wanted was to talk to him, hug him, at least see his brown chocolatey eyes staring back into my (E/C) piercing ones. But no one gets what they want, or so I thought.

I turn around at the sound of footsteps shuffling my way. I look up and meets eyes with the chocolatey ones I was looking for. He smiles softly down at me before sitting beside me, slinging his legs over the ledge. He sighs slightly as he puts his hands in his jacket pockets, looking out into the sunset,  the walls towering over both of us slightly, causing a shadow to cast on the bottom half of our faces, slightly covering our lips as light orange and pink colors dance along the top half of our face. The light causing Newts eyes to shine brighter than I ever have seen them before.

The look of him right now made me realize something. I already knew I had feelings to Newt, it was always just hard to accept it as I promised myself not to get to close to these boys, but then again that was months ago. Now though, I was ready to accept it, I did not only like Newt. No, my feelings for him were stronger, I just couldn't find the words to explain this feeling, that from what I can remember I have never felt before. I looked at Newt and saw his smile falter and his face fall, his eyes now clouded in a look of sadness, or regret. I look at him my brows furrowed at his sudden change in emotion.

“What's wrong? You seem distant lately, with everyone.” I finally decide to ask, breaking the comfortable but distant silence, as if I was sitting by a acquaintance. He looks at me before averting his gaze down towards his arm. He rolls up his right sleeve up to his elbow, exposing his arm that is discolored, purple gripping to his skin tight, making his veins extremely exposed. My heart stops as my breath hitches in my throat as I realize what he's showing me.

Vince was right. I was right. Newts infected. Tears threaten to break from my eye, but I don't even try to blink them away as there is no point, they are already flowing out of my eyes as if there's no stopping them. Sobs wrack my body as I grab onto Newts forearm, grasping it tightly as if that will cure him, I move my thumb away slightly disappointed when its still there.

Like that will happen.

I look up at Newt and see his face break, his stare on me. He places his hand on the side of my face, cupping my cheek as he rubs away the falling tears with his thumb.

“Dont cry.” Newt says, clear that his eyes are almost as glossy as mine. “You're gonna make me cry.” He says, his british voice becoming more prominent, as if I have never noticed it before. I close my eyes and begin to compose myself, forcing the tears to stop.

“How?” I ask, my face my fallen, and my heart, being ripped to pieces. He lets go of my face and looks back at the sunset that has now gone further beyond the horizon, stopping us from seeing it. “It probably is airborne. Meaning I was never immune in the first place.” Newt says before looking at me. I close my eyes as I face the wall, my mind going 100 miles a minute. The one person, that I didn't want to get infected did. My sidekick, My best friend…