The Escape

Crawling through a very compact vent at full speed we all turn to a halt as we hear a door behind us being slammed open.

"GO on lock down. Make sure they can't get out." says a familiar voice outside of vents from the room that we had just left 30 seconds prior. I realize the voice as Jensons. Thomas ushers us along as we all get a sense of urgency. The outside world around m e is as if I turned the volume down to 0 on a TV as I can only hear my heart which is pounding against my chest so hard that I won't be surprised if people behind me can hear my heart pounding against my chest. About 10 seconds later I can finally hear the outside world on full volume as my thoughts are interrupted by the sound of sirens entering the vent every direction. I shut my eyes in pain as my ears start to ring because of the unfamiliar sound entering the vents and consuming me. I open them slowly as the ringing begins to ease.

"Were almost there guys just keep going!" yells Thomas from behind everyone. Aris leading us to what we hope is freedom. 3 minutes into crawling through the vents I finally stop behind Newt slightly grasping his ankle as I try to peak over his shoulder to see what's happening. I can feel Newt jump as I grab ahold of his ankle. I see a small grin rise upon his face as he slowly turns to look at me. I immediately let go of his ankle in embarrassment as I mouth the words "Sorry.." to him. I can hear him chuckle under his breath as he turns back to the front. I can feel my checks start to burn as I look away in embarrassment. I see Newt slowly start to move is legs as he shimys to the front. I can see Aris waving to everyone outside of the vent. I smile in relief as we have finally make it out of the vents. Aris holds his hand out for Newt as Newt grasps onto it tightly and slowly getting out of the vent. Aris looks at me and puts his hand down as he just waves for me to get out of the vent. Newt gives him a confused look as he offers me to grab his hand from outside the vent.

"Way to be a gentleman man." says Newt looking at me in the eyes.

"She doesn't like to touch other people." says Aris looking from Newt to me and me to Newt. I hit his hand out of my face and start to shimmy out of the vent myself. Fry and Aris start to chuckle as Aris looks at Newt.

"Told you" says Aris. Newt gives me a confused face as I start to see a small grin appear on his face as the right corner of his lip slowly starts to stretch close to his ear.

"Sorry." I say looking at him as I brush my pants off as I stand up. "I just don't like being touched, by boys that is..." without saying anything he nods as he chuckles under his breath. I can see his body slightly jolt up as he chuckles. I see Minho appear from my left peripheral view. He turns around immediately as he reaches his hand back down into the vent. I See Thomas' hand get a good grip on Minho's as he gets out of the vent. Thomas stands up and dusts of the front side of his body.

"Everyone okay?" asks Thomas as quietly as possible. We all nod as he pushes out of our way.

"OKay we need to go and get Teressa." says Thomas looking back at us.

"You guys go ahead. There's something I have to do first." Says Aris as He looks at us. I turn around and look at him with a confused expression starting to form on my face. I push my way through the crowd of boys as I slowly start to walk up towards him my eyes locked dead into his.

"Trust me its important for us getting out of here" says Aris looking at me. I look at him with a somber expression.

"Go with them." Says Aris looking behind me and to the boys. "You will keep her safe right?" Says Aris. I turn around to the group of boys kinda wishing they will say no so I can get a good excuse to go with Aris.

"Of course. No one will touch her." Says Thomas coming closer to us.

"And what about you?" I turn back to Aris. "How will I know that you will be safe?" I ask getting closer to Aris our bodies almost inches away from each other. Before Aris can answer my question Winston steps beside Aris.

"I will go with him." says Winston looking at me. I feel a hand grasp my arm in attempt to pull me away from Aris. I quickly shake the hand off of my arm as I turn around to see Thomas slowly backing away from me.

"Don't touch me." I saying looking at Thomas dead in the eyes. I turn to Aris looking at him. "Be safe." I say turning back around waving for the boys to lead the way. Thomas nods as he waves to Aris and Winston before I watch them disappear into the vents as the darkness consumes them. I turn and begin to follow the boys to wherever their friend is.

"How do you guys plan to find this friend of your anyways? Where is she?" I ask as I turn to look behind me making sure people aren't following us. Luckily I turn to find no one following us. I look back at the boys waiting for a response. Thomas sighs before answering my question.

"That I do not know, But I remember doctors were taking her in this general direction during dinner last night." says Thomas before sticking his hand out in front of us to stop us from going as he pears around a corner into a long hallway.

"So your bringing us all including your friends into a possibly dangerous situation because you have no time to plan?" I look at them all for a moment as I huff in frustration. "You guys are almost more idiotic than the boys in my maze." I say as I chuckle under my breath. I hear others chuckle under theirs as well as Minho turns to face me, "I like you" he says a huge smile stretching across his face. I squint at him giving him the signal to turn around and to never say something like that ever again. Minho pursing his lips together turns on his heels now facing Thomas again. Thomas ushers us foward as we begun to walk again. We turn another corner only to be stopped by a dark skined doctor waering all white. She looks at as with a confused expression laced across her face.
"What are you kids doing out here?" Asks the doctor stepping one step away from us slowly. I jump a little as I begin to hear sirens blasting into my ears. The sound not hurting as much as it almost sounds muffled this time verses what we heard in the vents. I cringe at the thought. The doctor looks at us and looks up to the sirens that are shinning yellow lighting up the whole hallway. She looks back at us as we begin to walk closer and closer to her. Before she can run I grab ahold of her arm.
"Your not going anywhere." I say flatly looking at her with a slught grin.
"Wheres the girl?" I ask looking at her. I can feel her trying to wiggle her arm out of the grasp of my hand, but from the movement I only tighten my grip more. She squeezes her eyes shut as I squeeze her arm tighter and tighter until I reach her breaking point. I hear her groan in pain, I begin to ease my hold on her arm and she sighs in relief.
"Now you know im serious." I tell her slowly inching closer to her.
"Now show us where she is." I say flatly. I release my grip on her arm as Thomas grabs her other arm and looks at her dead in the eyes.
"Go." He says turning her around. I turn around to see all of the boys looking at me in awe.
"What?" I say looking at them.
"Is this what all girls are like?" I hear Fry ask from the back.
"Damn (y/n)." Says Newt looking me up and down. I dont look at him in the eyes.
"Im trying to speed this process up, we dont have time to chit chat." I say turning around and following Thomas who still has a strong grip on the doctors arm as she leads us to who they call Teresa. I hear the boys picking up their pace trying to catch up with us.
I should have just gone with Aris... But their not to bad, I guess...
We walk through the windy hallways for another minute in complete silence as we try not to draw attention to where we are. Ww turn a let but immediately as we turn as if they knew we were gonna be there a man from across the hallway statts firing at us. I can tell as soon as the bullets were fired that they were not regular bullets. As soon as the bullets would touch the surface of something the "bullets" would stretch out in a somewhat similar to a way a spider would walking on the floor. As the "bulltes" didnt move they did send electrical charges to the thing it attaches to probably making its prey jolt up and down.
"Are they seriously shooting at us!" Yells Newts as we all turn around and run back the way we came. As I run past Minho I turn around to see him not moving standing in the middle of the hallway looking in the direction that we just ran away from. Thomas steps foward.
"Minho!" Yells Thomas. "We hvae to go what are you doing!" Thomas starts to slowly walk towards Minho but I grab his Coat trying not to make contact with him. Thomas looks at me with a confused look on his face. He looks back a Minho who is now sprinting towards where we ran away from 30 seconds ago.
"Minho!" Yells Thomas and Newt at the same time. I look at Minho confused as to what he is thinking.
Okay, these boys are now offically more stupid than the ones in my maze...