Chapter 1: Bye Niall

Okay here's the first chapter of empty!!!! who's excited? Cause I am. I'm not exactly sure how this is going to to go because I haven't planned this chapter out very well so we'll see.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry's p.o.v.

Empty. That's how I feel. It's the only way I can think to describe it.

Funny enough, when it was Niall laying in the hospital bed, I never felt this bad. Even when Louis was kidnapped, I didn't feel like this.

Louis has been in a coma for two weeks now. The doctors say he's not getting any worse, but that's all they can tell us right now.

When they asked us who wanted to be in charge of making the decision. Of, you know, when to pull the plug, I immediately backed down.

I knew I wouldn't be able to do it, even if it needed done. Zayn just shook his head, so Liam signed the paper and sighed.

"Haz? Knock knock," Liam said.

He was standing in the doorway, pushing Niall's wheelchair. Niall was leaving for rehab today. Liam was driving him down there and dropping him off. He'll be gone for a month, maybe more, depending on his progress.

"Liam can I talk to him alone?" Niall asked stiffly.

"Sure, but uh, where's Zayn?" he asked.

"He went outside like 30 minutes ago, I think he went out back though," I explained. Liam nodded then turned and walked out the door, shutting it to give us some privacy.

"I told you that you'd hate me," Niall said out of nowhere.

"Niall! I don't hate you, you're my best mate," I exclaimed.

"If I had died, he would have left us alone and Louis wouldn't have to die," Niall stated bluntly.

"He's not going to die," I whispered, my voice cracking.

"Well he wouldn't be in a fucking coma then. Don't you see, I failed him, I knew this was going to happen and I didn't do shit about it Harry. Now look me in the eyes and tell me that you aren't even the least bit mad at me," Niall practically shouted.

I looked down at my hands and chewed on my lip until I tasted blood. Good, that's what you deserve, pain.

"That's what I thought," he said.

"Wait Niall. What did you mean you knew?" I asked, avoiding the touchy subject.

"I got another threat before the interview. I never told anyone because I was scared you'd all hate me. It said that I had to kill myself or Louis would die. When I tried to kill myself, I couldn't go through with it. That razor, I was gonna slit my throat, but instead I just myself out so I knew I wouldn't really die, I was selfish," he said, come felt poker-faced.

I choked on air. In between coughs and gasps for air I managed to speak.

"Bye Ni, see ya in a month," except of course with more coughing in between each syllable.

"Good bye haz," Niall said, actually looking somewhat sad.

Well that's a surprise.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well damn.