Chapter 12: shut out

Okay here's the next chapter guys!! Sorry you had to wait so long after that last plot twist.

----------------------------------------------

Zayn's p.o.v.

"So basically, after we left, Niall had a mental breakdown and the doctor thinks that he's back to square one," Liam sighed, his eyes watering.

That made me want to cry. Liam never cries. Liam hasn't cried like at all during this whole damn thing.

I looked away. I couldn't take it anymore.

"So now what?" I asked quietly.

"We're not allowed to visit anymore until he's out of rehab and he's going to have twice as many therapy sessions so they can get him out of there faster," he explained, trying to sound positive.

"You know, this everything's going to be okay, act you're putting on is sort of ruined by the tears running down your face," I said sarcastically.

"Zayn," he said sharply. I didn't apologize though.

This is normally the point where Louis would've made us both apologize and then told a joke. Then we'd all laugh and everything would be great.

But he's not here. Louis is the glue that holds us together and he isn't here to do that.

I don't know how much longer we can live like this. Harrys slowly killing himself by purging, and I guess in a way, I am too by smoking.

Harry refuses to talk to Liam because of the whole Eleanor thing, and now Niall thinks we hate him.

That is a whole other story though. Niall fell in love with me? He's gay? I mean seriously what the fuck? I'll admit, I was sort of pissed at first.

He'd started rumors about me cheating on Perrie because he wanted me. I mean shit that's selfish.

But, I know what it's like to be in love. Hell, I'd do anything for Perrie, so I guess I understand. Plus, with everything going on, I can't afford to be mad at him.

"Knock knock," a mans voice said.

"Yes?" Liam asked as a doctor walked into the room.

"I have some... news," he said, straight faced.

"What is it?" Harry asked quickly, jumping up out of his chair.

"After our most recent tests, we've found that there is brain activity," the doctor said.

"Then why aren't you happy? This should be a good thing!" Harry yelled.

"Well it could be him waking up, or it could also be his body, well, shutting down," the doctor said, smiling sadly at Harry.

"No!" Harry wailed, stumbling across the room like a drunk and falling into my lap, sobbing and gasping for air.

"Shh shh," I whispered, holding the poor, broken boy in my arms. He needs it now more than ever. Maybe I even need it too.

"So would you like to change your decision?" the doctor asked Liam.

"Two weeks," he said quietly. Then he stood up, and walked out of the room.

He didn't come back until it was almost dark outside. I had been starting to get worried.

"We need to talk," he said when he stepped into the room.

"Talk? Yeah how about where the fuck have you been?" I asked angrily.

"Zayn shush. Look, we're all tired of eachother and we need some space, so I've worked some things out," he said bossily.

"Like what?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Harry, you're staying here, and Gemma's coming to stay with you. Zayn you're going home to Perrie and I'm going to stay with my parents for a while," he explained.

"Well," I stalled, feeling stupid. That actually didn't sound so bad after all.

"It's just for a month," Liam sighed, refusing to look me in the eye.

"What?" I asked.

"I think One Direction is officially over," he finally spoke, saying the words that we'd all been thinking.

----------------------------------------------

Dun dun dun!!!!