Chapter 2: drive

Let's get some more votes guys. I have 60 views and only 6 votes. Very bad percentage. Get it up please.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Liam's p.o.v.

"Let's go," Niall huffed as he opened the door, slamming it behind him.

"Woah, what's going on?" I asked, both surprised and happy to see Niall showing emotion for once.

"Nothing Liam, now let's go," he sighed, going all poker-faced again.

"Don't you wanna say bye to Zayn?" I asked carefully.

"I'll call him on the way, Li, i just want to go," he said, still straight faced.

I wanted to give him a hug at the use of the pet name, Li. He hasn't called me that in ages. He hasn't- stop thinking about it.

I pushed Niall's wheelchair out of the ICU building and through the parking lot to our van. I wheeled him over to the passenger side and waited until he'd gotten up and opened the door to fold up the chair and put it in the middle seat.

There was nothing wrong with his legs, he was just very tired and weak. He can walk for short periods of time, but it leaves him absolutely exhausted.

"Niall are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" I asked as I started up the car.

"No," he said shortly.

"Okay," I answered, pulling out of the parking lot and onto main.

"Can I turn on the radio?" he asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Of course," I answered, not sure why he even bothered to ask. Honestly though, no one has any idea what kind of messed up and twisted things go through his mind after everything that's happened.

"Your listening to my 93.1," an overly peppy voice on the radio sing-songed.

I'm not overly familiar with American radio stations, though I know a lot of the music. They played some Maroon 5, Lorde, an old Rihanna song, and some stuff I didn't know.

"Ooh girl you shining like a fifth avenue diamond," Niall sang along to Classic, and I smiled.

He looked, almost happy. I hadn't seen him happy in over a month. At all. Like not even an ounce of happiness had come out of that boy.

I hummed along quietly as Niall sang the song. I hadn't realized until now how much I missed Niall's voice. He really had a great voice.

"And next, we have some One Direction," the announcer spoke.

Shit. I saw Niall tense out of the corner of my eye. This isn't going to be good.

"Written in these walls are th- t-95, the rock station," he changed the channel before Harry even got the first line out. I sighed. Well that was awkward.

We rode the rest of the way in silence, except for the radio of course, which now only played old rock music that I knew Niall wasn't fond of.

I'm sure he was just scared of hearing another one of our songs. I hadn't even thought about our careers in so long. They didn't even matter right now.

"I'm gonna sleep," Niall said after a few hours.

"Okay," I answered.

The next time I looked over, he was curled up in the seat, looking relaxed and peaceful, which was nice to see. I had to force myself to look away and focus on the road.

Finally, two hours later, I pulled into the rehab therapy center. It looked nice enough. I reached over and shook Niall's shoulder.

"Wake up Ni, we're here," I said, realizing too late the pet name I'd used.

"M'up," he mumbled sleepily, groping around for the door handle and prying it open, while simultaneously unbuckling his seatbelt.

I got out and grabbed Niall's single duffle bag of possessions. That was all I'd had time to pack for him. We weren't given much time.

*flashback*

"Can I talk to one of you boys alone?" the doctor asked.

"I will," I volunteered, knowing Harry wouldn't and who knows where Zayn is.

"Okay well, Mr?" the doctor paused.

"Liam is fine," I answered.

"Liam, there is an opening at the rehab therapy center in Los Vegas, which doesn't happen all that often. I would suggest you take the spot," he said.

"Okay, when does he need to be there?" I asked.

"Tomorrow evening," the doctor said apologetically.

"Oh," was all I said.

"It's a great opportunity, you might not get it again," he said.

"Okay, we'll take it," I said without thinking.

I have to do whatever's best for Niall. That's all that I can do right now. I don't know how to help the other boys.

I told the doctor thank you for telling me and drove straight back to the bus to pack Niall's bag. I got some clothes and shoes and toiletries, not knowing what else to get.

I drove back to the hospital and walked to Louis' room, tossing the bag into a chair, making Harry and Niall jump.

Niall had been released a few days ago, so he just sat in Lou's room staring out the window silently, unnerving all of us.

"Niall, we're leaving tomorrow," I informed him.

*end of flashback*

"Hi I'm here to check in Niall Horan," I told the lady at the front desk, adjusting Niall's bag on my shoulder.

"It'll be just a moment, please sit down," she said falsely, smiling and gesturing behind me

"Thanks," I muttered, sighing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, filler chapter. I probably won't update again until next Saturday though, I'm too busy, so I didn't want to leave you with a cliff hanger.