Chapter 25: safe

Here's the next chapter guys. That's all I'm gonna say.

----------------------------------------------

Zayns p.o.v.

"Pez, I can't," I said, refusing to meet her eyes.

She sighed, but didn't say anything. I stayed quiet though.

"Yeah, I guess I kind of knew that's what you'd say," she said finally.

"Baby I'm sorry. Its not that they're more important than you, because you're the number one in my life, but I can't just leave them. Not until Niall gets back and we all sit down and talk about what we're gonna do," I said, praying to God she wouldn't be mad. I need her right now.

"I know that Zayn, I'm not mad. Maybe a little sad, but it's not your fault," she said.

"I love you," I told her, feeling tears come to my eyes.

"I love you too Z," she responded, grabbing my hand in hers and pulling my head down onto her shoulder.

We sat silently like that for a minute, enjoying the moment, with just the two of us.

"Is louis, well, you know, gone?" she asked after a while.

"30 minutes," I choked out, my voice cracking.

"Oh sweetie, I'm so so sorry," she apologized, sounding almost as close to tears as I was.

I still couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that one of my best friends was going to die.

----------------------------------------------

Liams p.o.v.

"I can't do it Jace, I'm sorry," I delivered the verdict. The one he didn't want to here.

"What? I thought you were with us on this!" he exclaimed.

"It's a tempting offer, because I know that our band isn't really functioning anymore, but we all swore we'd never go solo unless everyone was okay with it. Even if they were though, I can't just leave my boys," I explained.

"Come on Liam, don't worry about them, do something for yourself," he pressured me to change my mind.

"Jace, those four are my best friends and my brothers. One of them is dying today, and the other one is coming back from rehab, and will never be the same. You have to understand how hard this is," I told him, angry that he hadn't accepted my answer.

"You don't have to look out for them like they're your children, Liam, Jesus," he scoffed.

"I've made my decision Jace. Goodbye," I said, before hanging up, not waiting to hear his answer.

I am so glad that I hadn't signed with that asshole.

----------------------------------------------

Nialls p.o.v.

"Come on Harry, hold on for a few more minutes," I said out loud, urging myself to drive a little faster.

I was only five minutes away now, and time was passing. so. slowly. good. lord.

Finally after what felt like an eternity, I pulled into the hospital parking lot.

I crazily swung the car into a space, probably on top of the line, but not caring.

As I ran across the asphalt to the front doors, I saw Harrys car. He's definitely here.

I slipped through the automatic doors and dashed for the elevator, hastily pressing the floor two button.

"Come on come on come on come on," I begged it to hurry up.

The elevator dinged, signaling that I was on my floor. As soon as the doors were open I sprinted down the hallway.

I hadn't ran since before the accident, which had left me weak and skinny, so I was near hyperventilating. My chest was on fire.

But I pushed the pain aside, sliding to a stop in front of Louis' door. I flung the door open as I took in the sight in front of me.

Everything felt like slow motion.

I knew I was moving fast but it felt like I was running through honey. I took a few huge, bounding steps, then dove.

I knocked the handful of pills that Harry was holding onto the floor and tackled him to the ground.

Safe.

---------------------------------------------

You alls were sort of right. Enjoy that one. Everything goes up hill from here.