Chapter 11: secrets

A lot is about to go down... prepare yourself.

----------------------------------------------

Niall's p.o.v.

"I, uh, please don't hate me guys," Zayn looked like he was freaking out.

"Come on Zayn, you can tell us," Liam said gently.

"I've started smoking again," he blurted out.

"No!" Liam exclaimed, his eyes wide.

"I knew it," Harry muttered quietly, shaking his head.

I didn't say anything. I know this is my fault. None of this would've happened if I had just died that night - I drive all night to keep her warm and time- two months ago.

"I have something to say too," Harry said, staring at the floor.

"Well, I guess it can't be any worse than what we just heard," Liam deadpanned.

I just sighed, feeling drained from the bad news. I should have stayed in my room, told the secretary I didn't feel up to seeing anyone.

"I, uh, found a way to deal with the depression," he said, looking straight at me.

"What?" I whispered.

"I've been purging," he said, without blinking.

"You weren't sick were you?" Zayn asked.

Harry shook his head, his gaze turning to the floor. I could tell that he was ashamed of lying.

"How much do you weigh Harry?" Liam asked, suddenly seizing Harry's small wrist in his hand.

"I, um," he stalled.

"How much do you weigh?" Liam said again, more sharply this time.

"Ninety five," Harry said quietly.

"Fuck," Liam spat, dropping Harry's arm.

"Mother of god," Zayn hissed. I could see the anger in his eyes.

"Well, I guess if it's confession time, I've got something to add," Liam said, surprising me. He was the last person I'd think to have secrets.

"I've been talking to Eleanor. Either on the phone or in person. I'm in love with Sophia and you know that, it's nothing romantic I promise," he stammered, sounding genuinely afraid.

"H-how could you?" Harry stuttered, sounding more hurt than angry.

"Harry, I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you I just had to talk to someone," Liam defended himself.

"God you could have called your mom, your sister, your girlfriend, anyone, but Eleanor?" he exclaimed.

"You don't understand how hard it is watching you in so much pain Harry. It hurts me, it kills me inside to know how much your hurting, and you too," he said, looking at me.

"Don't," I said, shaking my head.

"No, Niall, I have been beating myself up about sending you here, because I had no idea if things were better or worse, and now we're probably ruining everything," he huffed, sighing dramatically.

"Well you know what? I've got a secret too. And mine tops all of yours," I practically shouted.

"What is it?" Zayn asked, staring at me intently.

"Two years ago I fell in love with someone who I couldn't have. So I started rumors about them cheating, to sabotage their relationship," I yelled.

"Who?" Liam asked, leaning forewords.

"Goodbye guys. You'll never talk to me again after I say this," I warned them, standing up and beginning to back away from them.

"Niall-" Harry started, but I cut him off.

"I fell in love with Zayn fucking Malik," I screamed, and with that I ran out of the room, slamming the door behind me.

I ran all the way to my room, without a second glance. I didn't look back to see their reactions. It didn't matter. They all hated me now.

This is what we get for keeping secrets.

----------------------------------------------

What a great way to end for the week. Have fun thinking about that until next Saturday!! Sorry, please don't hate me.