Drum Lesson

(Y/N/N) = Your Nickname

Ben was on his 2nd month of filming 'Bohemian Rhapsody'! I didn't see him much when he was shooting but when he was home we'd make the most of it. This was the 3rd time he'd been back since the start of filming. Ben has recently purchased a drum kit so he could practice. He was getting lessons from the legend himself, Roger Taylor.

Ben and I were snuggling on the couch watching a rerun of 'Friends' when he asked me...

"The other day Roger was showing me how to play bits and pieces from 'Don't stop me now'! It was pretty sick!" He said excitedly.

"Ohh! Can I see?!" I asked with a big smile.

Ben didn't reply. He popped up from the couch, took my hand and walked me to our extra bedroom where he kept his drum set. I sat down and waited for Ben to set up and start playing. I had never heard Ben play since he started shooting!

"Okay (Y/N), this isn't going to be the best but-" Ben couldn't finish his sentence as I cut him off.

"No! You'll be fine babe! Now let's see what you've got!" I said quickly.

Ben started to play and it was so cute. He'd nod his head as he started to play faster. His feet were tapping to the beat. He had a smile on his face the whole time. He only played for about a minute as he hadn't memorized the whole song.

"So...what do you think?" He said smiling and nearly out of breath.

"That was really good!" I said in a high pitched voice as I was so excited for him! "You said you've only been playing for a little over two months huh? Dang! Roger must be so proud!"

"Thanks (Y/N/N)! I'm really excited to learn a couple more songs on set next week!" He said blushing. "Now you come over here and give it a try!" Ben had a very happy expression across his face.

"Oh god, this is going to be an absolute disaster!" I replied giggling as I took a few steps towards the drum set.

I sat down as Ben handed me the sticks. I started hitting random drums is no particular order, which made whatever I was doing sound absolutely horrific. I was laughing as I felt Ben hover over me. His chest was pressed against my back as his arms lay across the back of mine. He wrapped his hands around mine and started to move my arms making the sticks hit the drums to the beat of 'Don't stop me now'. He was explaining what I needed to do as he guided my arms while doing so.

"You hit this one first, then quickly hit the big drum all the way to the left. Then hit these three in a row. So on an so fourth." He said laughing as I couldn't do it on my own. "Okay you've got it?"

I nodded my head "Alright, I'll try it on my own!" I said as Ben let go of my hands and took a step back.

I was only able to remember 4 steps of the song! My hands had become sweaty as I was embarrassed by not remembering.

"Ughh what did I say Ben, a complete disaster!" I said turning around with a sarcastic pout on my face!

"You did fine love! With more practice you'll be just like me. The best drummer in the world!" Ben said winking sarcastically.

Ben leaned over and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"Alright babe! Want to make popcorn and have a movie marathon?!" Ben suggested.

"Anything to forget my horrible drumming skills! Oh and don't tell Roger that your girlfriend is absolutely shit at playing the drums! I'd be mortified! Okay?" I said giggling.

"Anything for you my love." Ben said while placing a bag of popcorn in the microwave.

The whole rest of the night Ben and I cuddled whilst we watched horrible Rom-Coms. What a night!