Family Vacation

You hadn't seen Ben in ages! You were going on a trip with his and your family ; you couldn't be more excited! Ben had been your best friend growing but you lost touch when he moved away. You haven't seen him since. Your family agreed on a vacation to stay in a cabin in South Dakota for the week. This wasn't your ideal vacation destination but you get to see Ben, so it's totally worth it.

———

You wake up early so you can catch your flight. Your parents double check if you have your passport, which you did. Thank god! An 8 hour, non-stop flight from London to Pierre, South Dakota! An Uber waited at your gate, taking you on a 2 hour car ride to the cabin in the middle of the woods, overlooking beautiful mountains and lakes.

You and your family arrive before the Hardys which meant you could freshen up before they got there. You spray some dry shampoo into your hair, and throw on some light makeup so you look slightly more presentable.

Whilst still standing in the bathroom, you hear the front door creek open.

"Hello?" A deep voice you didn't necessarily recognize, echos throughout the cabin.

You walk out of the bathroom, heading for the front door. When you turned the corner you see Ben standing there aimlessly, as there was no response to his greeting. Holy shit! Ben definitely grew into his own! You were practically drooling over him. The last time you saw him, he was just a young boy! Puberty hit this boy like a damn truck!

"Ben!" You finally reply walking over to him.

"(Y/N)! Hey how are you?" Ben says dropping his bags on the floor, opening his arms to give you a hug.

"Pretty good, thanks! And yourself?" You say hugging him.

"Good yeah! I'm excited we were able to get together you know? Haven't seen ya in ages."

"I know!" You sigh. "We'll have a fun week, I hope!" You say giggling.

Before Ben could reply, his parents walk through the door behind him.

"(Y/N)! Wow! Aren't you beautiful!" Ben's mum expresses.

"Oh thank you!" You blush when you notice Ben looking at you grinning.

"Where are your folks?" Ben's dad asks eagerly.

"In the back room I think!" You turn around and point in that direction.

You and Ben were left alone again in the front foyer.

"So..." Ben pauses. "Now that I'm here, wanna go for a hike?" Ben asks nervously as he rubs the back of his neck.

"Yeah yeah! Let me get changed real quick." You quickly walk to your bedroom, finding appropriate hiking attire.

When you walk out, Ben had changed as well. He had on a plain t-shirt under a black zip up hoodie, shorts, and trainers. Anything looked good on him! You tried telling yourself to stop crushing on your best friend but it wasn't working.

"Where should we go?" You ask lacing up your trainers.

"I saw a trail down the road from the cabin! What do you think?" He asks admiring you as you lace up your shoes.