Chapter Eleven - Maids Know Everything

Narrative P.O.V.

"Daniel, you didn't do that..."

Jai was in total disbelief.

"What?" Daniel asked. "You wanted her to meet Cain's parents, right? I knew Ella would be in his office this morning so when Evelyn asked me where Cain was, I told her he was in his office."

Jai shook his head.

"You should've let Cain introduce them," Jai said. "He's going to be so mad at you."

Daniel shrugged.

"He'll get over it."

"Evelyn doesn't know they're mates, though," Jai said. "Don't you think she's confused as to why there is a human girl in Cain's office?"

"Evelyn's not an idiot," Daniel said. "She won't say anything to Ella that she doesn't need to know."

The door to the kitchen opened and Cain strolled in.

"Have you seen Mom?" He asked. "Someone told me they got here about an hour ago and I've been looking for her everywhere."

When Daniel laughed nervously, Jai groaned.

"What?" Cain asked.

"She's upstairs..."

Cain's jaw clenched.

"...with Ella," Daniel said slowly.

Cain turned around and stormed out of the kitchen.

Jai turned to Daniel and glared at him.

"He'll thank me later," Daniel said, shrugging again.

"If you're still alive later."

- - -

Ella's P.O.V.

The downstairs door opened and slammed, causing me to jump.

Cain bounded up the stairs into his office and I stared at him as he looked around.

"If you're looking for your mom, she left a few minutes ago to go find you," I told him.

"So you met her?" he asked.

I nodded.

"She's a very nice woman. I can't believe she's your mother."

He raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't mean it like that," I said quickly. "She just looks really young to have a son your age."

"Yeah, I guess she's aged well," he said, looking visibly uncomfortable.

"How old are you?" I asked him.

"Twenty-eight."

He looked at me as if waiting for me to tell him how old I was.

"I turned twenty-three a few weeks ago."

Cain nodded before turning to leave.

"Before you go," I said, standing up, "can you take a look at this for me? I just need a second opinion."

He walked over to where I stood and I handed him the paper in my hands.

"Do you see this guy right here?" I asked him, pointing to the name on the sheet.

He nodded.

"What about him?"

"This man lived in Mumbai," I said to him. "He traveled to and from Germany nearly twice a month for about five months to receive blood transfusions at the hospital with the dead doctor."