Chapter Thirty-Six - Early Bird Gets The Worm

Waking up with dried blood caked on my hands wasn't exactly what I had envisioned when I had first imagined the morning after my first time having sex with Cain. 

Yet there I was. 

As I rolled over, I realized that I was lying in a large, empty bed alone. 

Still completely naked and not covered by anything except a thin bedsheet, I sat up to see the duvet had been torn from the bed during our late-night antics and was several feet away on the floor.

Accompanying it were several pillows and pool towels that had also been strewn about during the passionate frenzy. 

Seeing this, I vaguely began to remember what had taken place in that spot on the floor just hours earlier. It was the same thing that had happened on the deck outside by the pool, on top of the kitchen counter and on the bed. 

As it turned out, my first time with Cain was followed by several more "times" that ensured I wouldn't wake up with an unsatiated sexual appetite. 

I strained to sit up straight, grimacing as I did so. 

My neck was stiff and my back hurt, not to mention the dull pain that had settled in my lower abdomen made itself known with every move I made. 

Looking around the room, I noticed the dark shades that were pulled over the large window in front of the bed, doing an effective job at blocking out any and all light. 

While necessary for my survival, the shades were not exactly convenient for deducing what time it was. 

I slowly got out of the bed, taking in several sharp breaths as I did so. 

I fought against the all-over soreness as I stood up and wandered into to the en suite. 

Flipping on the light switch, I groaned as the bright overhead lights cut through the room and nearly blinded me. 

I rubbed my eyes as I walked over to the tub, preparing myself for how great it was going to feel to take a hot bath. 

I stopped short as I caught a brief glimpse of myself in the mirror. 

What I saw made me gasp. 

Dark, dried blood coated my face, jawline and neck to an extent I couldn't have imagined. My chest was also stained red, along with my hands. 

I let out a sound similar to a whimper as I glanced down at myself in horror. 

As my heart begin to race, I leaned in to turn on the sink faucet and began to scrub my hands with soap and water. 

Frantically, I rubbed and scratched at my skin, not caring how badly it hurt to do so. 

I watched as the water turned red and disappeared down the sink drain, the blood still leaving a noticeably vivid stain on my skin.

Nearly pulling the steel hook out of the wall, I yanked the hand towel down and began to scrub at my arms and face. 

The pink droplets of water, a mixture of hand soap and blood, rolled down my abdomen and legs and pooled at my feet. 

Running over to the glass enclosure that would be offended if called a mere shower, I struggled to turn on the water as the controls were all activated by a touch screen in the marble wall. 

Fingers fumbling, I tapped against the glass until water began to pour over me from the ceiling like rain. 

I stepped back from the touchpad, breathing like a maniac.