[12] Thank you

I just realized you can vote on your own chapters....
*votes on all of her chapters*
*laughs nervously*
—————————————————

JOHN'S P.O.V

We arrived at the hospital thirty minutes ago and Lucia, Lafayette and I were anxiously waiting for the doctor to come out and tell us that (he was gay) we could come in.

Then we heard a panicked voice talking to the receptionist

"¿Dónde está mi nieta? ¡¿Se encuentra ella bien?! ¿En qué habitación está ella?"
["Where is my granddaughter?! Is she okay?! In what room is she?!"]

"Señorita, por favor cálmese."
["Miss, please calm down."]

"¿Cálmese? ¡Señora, ella se está muriendo! Ella ha estado tratando de suicidarse. Ahora, si no me dices dónde está, ¡te arrancaré la cabeza!"
["Calm down? Lady, she is dying! She has been trying to commit suicide. Now, if you do not tell me where it is, I'll rip your head off!"]

"¿Come se llama tu nieta?"
["What is the name of your granddaughter?"]

"Y/L/N, Y/N Valéry Y/L/N"

"Ella está en la habitación treinta y siete. Eso es justo al otro lado del pasillo"
["She is in room thirty seven. That is just across the hall"]

"Gracías Señorita"
["Thank you miss"]

Then grandma and Peggy came into sight.

"Lucia!!"

Grandma said as she let out a relieved sigh

"Grandma!"

She ran towards her and wrapped her in a hug. I could hear grandma crying.

Peggy looked sad and was trying so bad to hold back tears. Laf walked towards her and wrapped her in a hug. 

I was constantly trying to look through the blurry glass, hoping that I would see any sign of movement

"How long have you been here?"

Grandma asked

"Thirty minutes, it's horrible waiting out here"

"I know. It's not the first I came here because of Y/N."

She sat down beside me and placed a hand on my knee

"She is strong nieto, she'll survive. She survived before"

I didn't know a lot of Spanish, but I knew nieto meant grandson

"She told me she didn't want to survive"

I mumbled

"She told me no one loved her and that it was her fault her parents died"

"Oh Dios mio, it's not her fault her parents died"

"I-If you don't mind me asking, what exactly happened to her parents?"

She let out a deep sigh, but gave me a sympathetic smile

"Her parents died in an elevator accident"

Y/N explained to me before what elevators were, when we first went to the mall. She refused to get in one tho, and I never understood why. I guess I do now

"She was stuck there with her parents, a pregnant woman and an old man. It took the fire fighters some time to arrive and the elevator was about to crash down. The pregnant woman got helped out first, then the old man. Then her mother handed Y/N over to the fire fighters. Just as Y/N was safe, the elevator crashed down fifteen stories. No one could've survived such a crash. Y/N was only four and got brought into a foster family. They treated her like a slave and abused her. She would break bones constantly and worked very hard to deserve some old bread at the end of the day. I found her when she just turned twelve. Me and my husband took her under our wing and we bought our mansion with our money. Her parents were very wealthy and left her a fortune. One that still lasts. We hoped that she would make some friends in school to get over her parents and the foster family, but they only bullied her. You see, both of her parents were really smart so obviously she got their brains. But she was left out for being smarter than the rest. Lucia was her only friend. Bullies would beat her up after school and call her names. Y/N tried fighting back once, but it only made her come home with three broken ribs. From then on she never fought back. Lucia took flight classes to protect Y/N and beat the bully once. They would stay away from Y/N as long as Lucia was there"

She teared up a little

"When her grandfather died, Y/N suffered from big depression. She wouldn't eat and she would constantly cut herself. I studied psychology, so when I found out I talked about it with her everyday. Things got better and she stopped cutting and started eating. Everything was going well again. Until now"

She sighed deeply

"It happens sometimes that she gets flashbacks or nightmares, but she usually forgets about it after an hour. I guess it just became too much for her today"

"So, she is suffering from a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?"

"Unfortunately, Yes. And it's horrible. She always pretends to be fine, but I can see in her eyes that she just wants to cry every minute of the day"

Grandma wiped away a tear

"I tried to help her so many times, and just when she is getting her life back on tracks, she falls down again. What if I can't help her? What is she managed to kill herself one day? What would've happened if you never found her or kicked open that door?"

I rubbed my neck sheepishly

"Yeh, I'm sorry about the door"

"No, thank you. If you never would've done that, she might have been dead already. There's still hope now."

She wrapped me in a hug

"Thank you so much nieto."