Chapter 23

ANIKA

"Huh? Sorry, come again? I got distracted because Kitty called me. What were you saying again, Anika? And why are you covering your mouth? Is there something wrong? Are you sick?" Monique looked concerned when she asked me.

I was relieved when I heard what she said, but a little disappointed because I wanted to know what her answer would be if ever she my question.

When I looked at my friends, they were looking at me as if they were telling me to repeat my question. I shook my head and smiled at Monique.

My friends were smiling and silently cheering for me.

Go Anika. You can do it. They mouthed. Stacey was even trying to mimic the cheerleaders' routines. If I was not in this position, I might be laughing out loud because she looks like an idiot right now.

"Anika?" she asked again while looking at me.

I took a deep breath before opening my mouth. I can do this.

"N-no. I'm fine. I was just trying to uhm. B-burp. Yeah, b-burp. I was burping. That is why my hand is covering my mouth. Yeah, that's it. That is the reason why—" I blabbered. She gave me an amused look that's why I stopped talking.

I saw my friends scowled when they heard what I said. Well, they're not alone. I hate myself too.

"Huh?" her brows furrowed.

"What I was trying to say was, if I would ask-I mean, you, uhm out, will you well, uhm." seriously, Anika?

"Sorry, but I didn't understand what you were trying to say. Will it be okay if you would repeat it?" she asked again.

"I looked like an idiot, right?" I asked.

She shook her head and smiled.

"No. I think it's cute. Your rambling, I mean." she said. Ugh. It wasn't rambling, I was blabbering shits and it's embarrassing.

"Uhm. No- I mean, yeah." yep, I looked stupid. What the hell is happening to me?

"Are you sure you're okay, Anika?" she was looking at me as if I grew another head.

"Uh-yeah. W-whatever. I have to go now, bye." I didn't wait for her answer and just turned my back and walked away. This is way humiliating. I was making a fool out of myself.

I was walking so fast that I didn't even know where I was going, but I didn't care. I just needed to get away from her. I needed some fresh air or I might faint. I didn't know what happened back there. All I know is, I'm so stupid. That's all.

I just stopped when I saw that I was heading to the our next class. We still have an hour before it starts, but it's fine. I'd rather be here than at the gym with Monique.

I could still feel my knees shaking so I hurriedly sat down on one of the chairs near the door.

I was lucky that my friends didn't go after me, or else, they will brag how dullish I was a while ago.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Anika? Why did you chicken-out? I was proud at you when you asked her for a date the first time, but when she told you to repeat it, you freaking blabbered and walked away! What were you thinking? That was your chance! By the way she was looking at you, we were sure that she would've said yes if you just repeat your question!" okay, I spoke too soon. Of course they're here, yay me!

I looked at them and gave them the 'peace sign'.

"Well, just like what you said, I chickened out. I wasn't sure if what would I feel if she'll reject me. And I think, it's too soon. We were still trying to figure out whatever this is. She might freak out if I'd ask her for a date. And another thing, in case you forgot, she still has a boyfriend, so it's not right if we'd go out on a date. I'd like to respect her relationship with M-Justin." I reasoned out.