Chapter 30

ANIKA

"So, since we're done with our homework, can we now move to my favorite part?" I rolled my eyes when I heard Monique. Seriously? Is she always this horny? I knew that inviting her here when my parents weren't here was a big mistake. Well, technically, she invited herself. I was talking to Carlie this morning to ask her if she can sleep here since my parents will be out tonight till Monday. And this girl here, heard what we're talking about and she volunteered herself. I was about to reject her, but she looked at me like a lost puppy, so yeah, I couldn't help but agree. I saw Stacey's smirk when I looked at her but I ignored her. I knew what she's thinking about, but she's wrong. Monique will sleep at the guest room, so no monkey business. Well, I hope. It's just two nights with her, what could possibly go wrong. And I'm pretty sure that I can control myself and not give into temptation. 

"Stop being a perv and let's talk." I told her seriously. I needed to ask her something. I was really thinking about it ever since I heard her and Kitty talking about that issue days ago. I think, it's one of the reasons why I agreed that she'll sleep here. For us to talk about it. Well, I didn't intend to eavesdrop, but I was passing by when I heard them.

FLASHBACK

"Where are you going, Niks?" I gave Charlie a mischievous smile.

"To where you're going too." I said.

She rolled her eyes and slapped my arm.

"And how'd you know that I am going there, too?"

"Because you've been with that person every day." I answered.

"Well, we're friends. And friends always stick together." I laughed sarcastically when I heard what she said. Really? As if.

"What's funny?" she snapped. She's trying to intimidate me for me to stop talking, but I ain't afraid of her, duh!

I shrugged.

"Nothing, you're just trying to deny something that is really obvious." I said.

"Are you insinuating that I am feeling something towards the person that we're talking about?" she asked.

"Are you?"

She chuckled and shook her head.

"That person is committed and happy with their relationship. And you know that I am still in love with someone else." she said and it's my turn to chuckle.

"That didn't answer my question, girl. I know the facts. And I'm just asking you if you feel something towards HER." I said and there goes that eye roll again.

"We're just friends. Nothing more, nothing less. I just feel comfortable whenever I am talking to her. And like I said, she's happy with her boyfriend and----"

"And you're still in love with you best friend, blah blah blah. You do know that I've been there right?" She already told us about her best friend. We were having a sleepover and we were drinking and then she just cried and spilled the beans about that unrequited love between her and that Klarisse.

She smiled sadly while looking at me.

"No. You're not in love with someone else when you felt something towards Britney. And I am still in love with your si—I mean, with my best friend. So yeah, totally different. I don't want to ruin a happy relationship and I don't want to use her just to forget about Klarisse." she said and I felt her sadness. Well, it sucks right? When you're in love with someone but she can't love you back. And now, you're feeling something towards someone, but she's in a relationship and you can see that she's totally happy with her boyfriend, all you can do is to be a friend to her.