Chapter 28

MONIQUE

"So, why am I here? I thought you'll be having a family dinner with Mike? Was it cancelled?" I heard my best friend asked but I ignored her. I was looking at my phone and waiting for Anika's reply. I've been sending her messages but I haven't received any reply from her.

I wanted to talk to her about that incident with Mike this morning but she was avoiding me the whole day. She might think that I liked that kiss, but no! I was caught off-guard, and some of his friends are looking at us, so I can't tell him to back off. And besides, he's still my boyfriend so, it's unavoidable. As long as we're together, I needed to act as a good girlfriend to him or else, he might report it to my parents. I really don't understand why they like that asshole so much. Oh right, his family is rich and his father my father's best friend during their college days.

So yeah, I wanted to ask Anika if she could give me a couple of days for me to sort this out, but she's ignoring my calls and text messages. Ugh! This is so complicated. I really wanted to be with her, but I really need more time. I needed to break up with Mike first. And before I do that, I need to talk to my parents to ask for their permission.

"Uh, hello Sissy! Are you with me?" Kitty was waving her hands while giving me an odd look.

"Sorry." I said and turned my attention to her. "What were you saying?" I asked her and she rolled her eyes.

"I thought so. You dragged me here just to ignore me? What kind of friend are you?" she said teary-eyed, her hand in her chest.

I chuckled and playfully hit her on her head.

"Overreacting won't win you an award." I joked.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. So, she's still ignoring you?" she asked. Of course she knows that Anika is ignoring me because she's been with the new girl the whole day and they've been talking about us. Some good friends they are, right?

I sighed and nodded.

"Well, you can't blame her. I saw how hurt she was when Mike kissed you in front us of. Well of course, he has the right to do it, but it's really painful for Anika because she couldn't do anything about it. Remember what you felt when you saw her hugging Charlie? Quadruple it, and that's what she felt this morning. It's really hard when you don't have the right to feel jealous." she said and I put my hands on my face.

"And I couldn't do anything either. Not when my parents like that guy so much. I really don't know what to do anymore. I don't want him here tonight, but what else can I do? It was my Mom who invited him. I couldn't say no when he said that he'll come here tonight." I said, frustrated.

"I know and I understand you. But you too should understand Anika's point of view. So, if I were you, I'll stop texting and calling her and wait for her to cool down before talking to her. I think she's ignoring you because she doesn't want to say something that she might regret later. Just let her be, okay? What you need to do now is talk to your parents and tell them that you don't have any feelings for Mike anymore, so it's time for you two to part ways." She said and I looked at her.

"I wish it'll be that easy. But you know my father. I'm not sure if what would he feel if I'll tell them that. And he might investigate the reason and I'm afraid that he'll know about Anika and I and that's what I'm afraid of. I know what he's capable of. I'm not afraid of him, but I'm afraid of what he might do with Anika if he knew about us." I said and Kitty gave me a sympathetic look.

"Yeah. You're right. You should really wait for some time before telling them that you'll break up with the pervert douche." I chuckled when I heard her endearment to my boyfriend. "See? You're smiling now. You should go now because your parents and your dear boyfriend are waiting for you." she continued and I gave her a smirk. I can see how her smile turned into frown when she saw my smirk.