Ch. 6 Sinners and Saints

BREAKFAST
[1×05]

I WOKE UP TO AN ALARM GOING OFF THE NEXT MORNING. I hit at my nightstand, thinking it was mine. It took me a few moments to realize that it was coming from somewhere else in the house. "Oh, bloody hell!" A smile spread across my face as I realized Klaus was having an interesting morning.

Then it hit me. Had I dreamt that? Tell me it was just my imagination. There was no way Klaus Mikaelson had spent the night in my bed. There was no way Bonnie was dead.

I grabbed my phone off my nightstand. It was almost dead from not being charged last night. But there it was. A message from Care. I clicked on it and listened. I hadn't dreamt anything.

I wondered if I had dreamt the part where Klaus had kissed me on the head while sneaking out. I wasn't sure, and it didn't matter.

I laid back, trying to hold in my tears again. I heard more banging and swearing coming from what I guessed was the kitchen. It smelled like something was burning. I started to get up. "Klaus," I called.

"Rory, please do not get out of bed, love," he yelled back.

"I'm not going to argue because I would much rather be sleeping right now, but I think this noise is going to wake Lilly up if it hasn't already," I warned, crawling back under my covers.

I heard Klaus talking, but I couldn't make out the words. Then he was jogging into my room, a wide awake Lilly on his hip. I sat up. "Good morning, beautiful," I said to my daughter, who quickly reached out for me. Klaus sat her in my arms and dashed out of my room again.

"I'm really wondering what he is up to," I told my daughter, playing with her a little.

Suddenly, Klaus came back in with a tray of food. I felt my stomach growl just looking at it. "What is this?" I asked.

"Well, you had a bad night. I thought I would do something nice," he said.

"You didn't have to do this. I didn't even know you knew how to cook, and I think from the fire last week we all know I can't," I said.

He chuckled, sitting down on the edge of my bed. "You just seemed really upset last night and I thought maybe this would make you feel better," he explained.

"Umm, thanks, I guess," I said. I had already started stuffing bacon in my face. I tore a piece of one of the pancakes off, handing it to Lilly.

"You should see the kitchen," Rebekah said, coming into my room.

"The reason there is no sausage is because he set it on fire," Hayley informed me, coming to the doorway.

I laughed at them. "So, I'm not the worst cook in this place," I said.

"Oh, you are," all three of them agreed.

I glared. "Thanks for the vote of confidence," I said. The two girls just smiled. Hayley grabbed two peices of bacon while Rebekah grabbed strawberries, before they both ran out of the room. Klaus yelled at both of them for making fun of his food, then stealing it. I just smiled at him and continued to eat.