Ch. 17 They All Asked for You

THREATS
[2×15]

KLAUS AND I HEADED BACK TO NEW ORLEANS THE DAY AFTER THE FUNERAL. I wanted to help my sister, but I also had a pack and two kids to take care of. Besides, I didn't think Caroline would listen to me at this point. So I went back to the compound with Klaus to deal with the newest drama.

Me, Klaus and the newly weds were talking about the pack. The thing was, four people who considered themselves alphas in the same room was not a good mix.

"It's time to use our werewolf army. Finn and the woman who calls herself my sister are in this city. The wolves can help us pinpoint their location," Klaus told us.

He was talking about Freya. She claimed to be the same Freya that was Esther and Mikael's first born that Dahlia took as payment. However, Rebekah was the only one who had met her and none of us knew where she was now. Or what side she was on.

"No. We need all hands on deck here with Hope and Lilly. You can compel humans to track your enemies," Jackson told the the Original. I knew immediately that that wouldn't sit well with my fiance.

"Do my ears deceive me, or did you just give me an order in my own home?" Klaus asked the werewolf.

"This ain't about your ego, Klaus. It's about what's best for those little girls," Jackson snapped.

"How dare you question my intentions for my daughters?" Klaus said. I stood up, putting a hand on his chest. I gave him a look that said that he needed to back up a few steps.

"Jack, Klaus is right," Hayley said, begrudgingly. "Finn's body disappeared from the morgue, which means he's powerful enough to heal from that explosion, or Freya's powerful enough to save him. Either way, we're not finding them unless we send our best people out there."

Klaus smiled. "But I'm sure you and all your merry men will find them posthaste," he said.

I rolled my eyes, taking a step back. Jackson got up and walked over to the hybrid. "Just to be clear, I'm giving this order because Hayley is asking. Don't think for one second that I take orders from you," he said.

Klaus smirked at me, clearly amused by this. I rolled my eyes. "I need to go check on the girls," I said, pecking him on the lips and walking out.

|

I was trying to get Hope down for a nap for the millionth time. Lilly had been easy. She was constantly chasing either me, Hayley, Jackson, Klaus or anyone she could find around the compound.

"Come on, babe. I'm here. I have fed you, you have a clean diaper," I said as I bounced Hope. She had began screaming and crying.

I heard footsteps and saw Hayley standing in the doorway. She gave me a sympathetic look. "You know, Lilly was simple. I was with her all day everyday for this first five months of her life. This? This is not simple," I whined. "My own child hates me."

Hayley chuckled. "You missed six months, you two just need more time together," she said.

I sighed, and went back to trying to soothe my daughter. I noticed that Hayley was still standing in the doorway, waiting expectantly. "Did you need something?" I asked.