Chapter 17

Chapter 17

                “What’s your favorite color? And don’t say black.”

                I bite my lip and smile, trying not to laugh. “It is black. Or blue. I like ‘em both the same.”

                Zach rolls his eyes and I pick up a piece of popcorn, cautiously aiming at his open mouth, but missing yet again. “You suck at this.”

                I nod my head and laugh softly, knowing fully well that I do indeed suck. After I stop giggling, I open my mouth and wait for Zach to probably make it in again.

                We’re playing a ‘game’ that he made up on the spot where we have to throw popcorn in each other’s mouth and if we make it, we get to ask any question we want. So far I made one shot and he made, like, ten. Which isn’t surprising because he’s good at everything.

                He shoots and I close my mouth as soon as it hits my tongue, shaking my head in pretend annoyance. This is ridiculous. “You’re cheating.”

                He chuckles and shakes his head, clasping his hands behind his head. “What, do my good looks distract you when you throw?”

                “Is that your question?” I tease, not sure where this sudden confidence came from.

                “No.” he frowns, puckering his lips as he thinks. “What’s your bra size?”

                “Zach!” I gape at him, my heart going crazy from nerves as my cheeks flame. Yeah, they’ve been sort of personal questions, only a few actually, but this is just awkward. I don’t think I’ll ever be comfortable talking to Zach about my body.

                “34B,” I grumble, crossing my arms and looking nervously around the room. I have no idea how guys feel about cup sizes, but mine are probably considered small to them. Of course, I prefer them small so I’ll weigh less, however, I’d never tell him that.

                He smirks widely, but doesn’t make a comment as I slowly pick up a piece of popcorn and wait for him to open his mouth. I know my body is completely disproportionate, unfortunately, there’s not much I can do about my chest.

                The front door opens and Nick is the first one in, glancing at us in confusion when he stops by the entrance of the room. I toss the popcorn at Zach’s mouth and squeal in delight when I get it in, clapping my hands as he slowly chews with a smirk on his face.

                “It’s about time, Princess.”

                I laugh and move some hair out of my face, waiting for Nick to leave in case I come up with a personal question.

                “Having fun?” Nick asks as someone else comes in the door. My brothers and James get out at the same time and they all work close-by. It’s no surprise they always come home within a few minutes of each other.

                I nod my head and giggle, quickly covering my mouth before I get out of control. Zach smirks and turns around to face my brothers since his back is to them, “What’s up?”

                Nick nods in acknowledgement, eyeing me suspiciously because I’m eating for the first time in days. Well, sort of eating. “You better clean this up.”

                Alex punches Nick’s arm, but I didn’t notice him until now. For the first time, me and Zach look around at all the popcorn on the floor and the blanket that covers both of us. We start laughing when we realize just how much we actually missed.