Chapter 4 - The Big Decision

Hey lovely readers :) So this is Chapter 4, and I had fun writing this one, so hopefully you'll all enjoy reading it :)

Chapter 4 – The Big Decision

“Tell mum what?”

“Um, uh, that, er...” I panicked, “Um, Niall and I wanna tell you something, except, he’s not here, soooo...um...we’ll wait.”

She gave me a weird look, and went downstairs. PHEW!!! I thought she was going to interrogate me or something. I sat on my bed and whipped out my phone.

To: Nialler :-)

GET OVER HERE ASAP, MUM WANTS 2 TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a reply in around half a minute, somebody was a fast texter.

From: Nialler :-)

On my way love xx

Well, at least I know that I can always count on him. I fiddled with my fingers, too nervous to do anything to pass the time. He only took two minutes, he only lives a block away, and he must’ve ran it over here. I ran down the stairs, tripping over our damn cat in the process. I let him in and hugged him tight, “Fingers crossed,” I whispered into his ears.

He squeezed my hand and walked into the kitchen. I followed him in there to find my mother sipping a cup of tea and looking very...professionally scary. I sat down as close to Niall as possible, it was amazing how comforted I felt with him by my side. My mind may not remember him, but I’m pretty sure my heart does.

“So what’s the big deal?” my mum asked after an awkward silence.

“Well, remember when we ate egg salad and Niall ate with us? He told me that I hated eggs...and all those chores I’m doing, you said I did them all before, but really, dad had done the majority of them,” I rushed on before she could interrupt. “You changed my style, and the way I talk, and basically everything about my personality that-”

“Well you’ve changed it all back now haven’t you?” she interrupted, glaring at Niall in the process, who rubbed my arm up and down to comfort me; I was getting jittery.

“Yes, mum, Niall helped me. He is helping me. I lost my memory, and you took advantage of that. You’re trying to somehow, in a sick way, replace dad with me. You should’ve helped me mum, but no, you told me lies whilst Niall had to take me shopping for clothes that I really like, tell me how I normally acted, and normal stuff like that.

"You know what I want mum? I don’t want to lose Nialler when he goes to London, back with the other boys. He’s been much better to me than you were.”

“So let me guess, you want to go with him?! And leave your poor mama here in Ireland all alone?”

“You know the thought wouldn’t even have occurred to me if it meant that I would leave you alone. I may be mad, and disappointed in you, but at the end of the day, I still love you. So no, I know you won’t be alone, because you’ve been having friends visit you every day. Including Pete.”

She shut her mouth at that. I continued, “I’m 18 now mum, you can’t tell me what or what not to do. Niall was very kind to ask me to move in with him, to continue helping me and make new friends, ones that don’t look at me like a psycho, like my old ones do. I’m not asking you permission; I’m letting you in on my plans.

"Also, I remember you telling me about looking for colleges in England. I can do that this summer, in London.”

She looked at me sadly, “I understand. I took advantage of you. That was wrong. And you’re right, I won’t be alone. And when I suggested you go to college in London, I wasn’t thinking of coming with you anyway. So, I guess, you can go. But, I’ll miss you Allison. You may not think so but I will.”