Chapter 3: Nice Guys Break Condoms--Radio Edit

Adam

"Ahhhh, Mac, you don't have to do that," I try to draw her up by her elbows but she pulls back slightly. She looks really lovely, looking up at me with her eyes soft and unsure like that, all her sweet skin glowing pink from her hot shower, but her face paling at my words.

I smile at her and run my hands through her damp strawberry blonde hair as she peels open my jeans. She's never done this—with me. Somehow I always took control and skipped over this. I don't know why I feel a little guilty about it, with her.

"You're not a fangirl, Sweetheart. Just doesn't seem...right, I guess."

"But I want to. I want to be...good to you."

Hmmm. If you really wanted to be good to me, you'd let me stay the night and wake up with you. But I don't say that. I'm not gonna fuck this up this time, pushing for too much. I used to sleep in her dorm all the time, but we went slow. It took months before I stayed over.

"You can finish however you want, I just want to..." she bites her lip as she pulls down my boxer briefs. "Try," she whispers.

She can't take all of me, but she knows how to use her mouth and her hand to create that perfect symmetry.

So fucking good. I have one hand on the wall and one hand in her hair, but I'm not controlling her head, I'm just...feeling her move. She looks up at me with an expression of excited happiness and I think my heart is going to fucking burst.

"Mac," I gasp. "Mac...I...I..."

The way her jaw softens and her throats works, it's the most intimate act we've ever shared.

"Come up here, Sweetheart." I pull her up by her elbows. Her mouth is beautiful, all swollen and pink. "That was amazing. Never had it with that much..." tenderness and affection, but I can't say that... "skill."

Her hazel eyes are bright. Her drying curls bounce as she shakes her head. "Bullshit. You're a rock star, and I'm way more out of practice than your average fangirl."

"I can hardly believe that, that was expert level." I say mildly. "You never blow fanboys?" We've never talked about the fans. I could never stand to hear it. But something is different this time. I don't know what. I just feel like...when it comes to Mac, I want everything now. The good and the bad.

"No," she whispers. "Never."

I touch her perfect pouty mouth. "I'm glad. It's not safe. But I'm clean, Mac. I promise. I would never have let you, if I wasn't sure."

She rolls her eyes. "Christ, Preacher. I know that."

"Nobody calls me that anymore," I remind her gently.

Her swollen mouth grins wickedly. "But you...are a preacher boy." She licks up my neck and kisses my jaw. "Always so good...but if you can't be good, you burn it down."

I laugh as I squeeze her ass. "That's what you think of me? That I'm an angel, except when I'm a devil?"

"Pretty much."

"Which one do you think you deserve tonight?" I squeeze the back of her neck and pull her gaze up to meet mine.

Suddenly her eyes fill with abrupt tears. She growls and shakes her head, backing away from me.

Shit. What did I say? I thought we were just playing around. Sometimes she drives me crazy—the way the smallest thing sets her off.

"Shhhh," I tell her, catching her up as she does what she always does...tries to pull away. I hold her to me, my chest to her back, as I lean down and brush my lips down the backside of shoulder. She shivers. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything. I know what you like." I whisper filthy things in her ear.