Chapter 87: Little Sisters Grow Up

Well, I don't know about you, but I was really anxious to see what happens between Kat-Trace-Leed-Ash, so I had to write you guys a double update! I like this Oasis Song "Don't Look Back In Anger" Besides the general them of forgiveness and accepatance,  the lines, please don't put your life in the hands/of a rock n roll band/who will throw it all away...just seems to fit. This band has a lot of drama!

Kat

Seeing my sister for the first time in months is really weird, especially the moment Leed gently wraps his big lanky lion limbs around her.

Like she's a delicate treasure. Like he's the custom case designed to protect her fragility and at the same time, display her beauty.

Her smile as she relaxes into his embrace and looks heavenward?

Limitless.

I don't know why that eases all the anxiety I felt moments ago about her being here.

Wait, that's a lie. I do know.

Seeing the way she looked at Leed? I've never once seen her look at anybody like that. Not Cameron, her first everything, whom she really did love and thought she would marry. Not Trace, whom she did marry.

Seeing Ashlynn with Leed, I feel like one-half of Trashlynn has got perspective and actually cut the cord on their bizzaro intense-but-not-romantic-married-feelings for one another.

Yes, I know. I'm a bitch for calling my sister and my boyfriend Trashlynn in my head. But before you judge me, try to remember that my sister married my lifelong crush, who became my boyfriend, who kept his marriage to my sister secret from me. I'm entitled to one little piece of Kattiness. Let me have Trashlynn, okay?

Beside me, I feel Trace twitch and sigh as we watch the Leed-Ash-Hugathon. He drapes an arm over me and kisses my head. "Please don't get mad, but I'm gonna bust this up, okay? Leed does not need to be running games on her, right now."

The other half of Trashlynn? He's still in caretaker mode. I sigh and wrap my arms around him. "Baby, look at them. Does it look like games? They look deep, already."

We continue our whispered conversation but we could probably shout for all the attention Leed and Ashlynn are giving us.

Trace whispers into my hair, "I love Leed like a brother, but when it comes to women, he's fucked in the head. He doesn't know how to ship, baby."

I snort. I'm trying. Really trying, not to go to a petty, psycho, or obsessive place right now. Cause I could find all three of those crazy towns, being confronted with Trace and Ashlynn interacting. "Says the dude that had meaningless sex with a hundred fangirls and entered into marriage for the purpose of rehabbing someone he wasn't in love with. It took you a while to wrap your head around being in a real relationship with me, too, you know."

"It didn't," he assures me. His voice drops into the naughty register. "It just took you a long damn time to turn eighteen."

Even in all the crazy stuff we are going through, Trace still makes me laugh.

I refocus on Leed and Ashlynn. He's rubbing her back, whispering in her ear now. "Maybe he's learning," I hold out my hand gesturing at them.

"Don't you think he should practice on someone other than Ashlynn?" Trace shakes his head. "I can't go through it again. Watching her get hurt and self-destruct, searching for her when she runs, trying to put her back together again."

I pull his face down to mine. "That is what hurts me, Trace. I get that you still care for Ash, but it's not your job to take care of her anymore. But you don't feel it. You still feel bound to her."