Chapter 27: Rock Stars Make Up With A Song

Trace

"Get off!" I throw Leed at the same time Adam shirks Bodie again. Adam and I meet in the middle of the floor. He has two inches and twenty pounds of muscle on me, but I'm a much meaner son-of-bitch in a fight.

"You punched me!" he yells.

"Well, Mac punched me!" I grimace. "And slapped me, and scratched the shit out of me! And slapped me some more!" I wipe the blood from my cheek with the edge of a finger and rub it on my jeans "I couldn't very well punch her back, could I? If you bed down with a brawler, you better be prepared to take a beating for her."

We glare at each other for a minute.

Suddenly, the tension breaks and we start to laugh at each other.

"You right," Adam says. "Jesus, I didn't know she could throw a right hook like that."

"She hits harder than Kat's ex," I comment dryly. It's not really true...Dickwad packs a punch. But Mac caught me completely off guard.

"Fuck," I swear. "I did not mean to shove her like that. I just...somebody hits me and it flips my switch. She kept coming at me and I had to get her off me before I did hit her..."

Adam shakes his head. "Nah man, I know. Sorry I went after you like that. I felt the same way when you pushed her...I lost it."

We clap hands, slap backs. It's all good, between us. But with me and Mac? Shit, I dunno. I look around for her. Where'd she go?

Bodie groans as he inspects  the suite. It was trashed from Leed's tantrum, but Adam and I managed to destroy a floor lamp and there's a crack in the wall where Leed shoved me against it. "Damn, you asshats earned your rock star pay today," Bodie narrows his eyes at me, " Do I even want to know what set Mac on you like that? Cause if you said some shit about Tamara..."

I shake my head quickly, "You know I love Tams. It wasn't that..." I look at Adam, guiltily. I shouldn't have said that to Leed, about Mac having a false alarm. Telling Bodie just makes it worse.

"We all said some shit about Mac, and she must have overheard it," Leed says coming back in the suite. I hadn't even realized he'd gone after her. "She's gone."

"What?" Adam says. "She's not in our suite?"

Leed shakes his head. "I just checked. Her phone, her wallet are gone."

Adam is already calling her. "She's not answering." Then he calls John—she didn't take him with her.

Leed is freaking. "We have to find her. Where would she even go? I can't fucking believe she'd run away like this...Hell, what the fuck city are we even in?" " He swings around, like he doesn't even know where he is. He's really unbalanced right now.

"Louisville." Adam points out the balcony to the view of the Ohio River, "She probably went for a walk down by the Riverfront to cool off. "But I don't like the idea that she might get recognized and swarmed...so let's get the security guys and we'll...find her." Adam puts a hand on Leed's chest. "When we do...be cool. She's not a child that's run away from home. She's a grown-ass woman, and that shit she heard..it was wrong...and offensive. You'd probably punch somebody too, if you heard them say you couldn't handle your shit." Adam is surprisingly calm. I have to give him credit, he deals with Mac's freak-outs way better than Leed or I do.

Five minutes later we've got our hats and sunglasses and four security guys and we are leaving the lobby one at a time so as not to call attention. Adam and the security guys have a plan for checking the riverfront and Riley is on alert to let us know if she comes back to the hotel.