Chapter 61: Nice Guys Bail On the Reception

So I made a mini playlist on YouTube for the Songs mentioned at the Wedding and Reception...it's entitled Nashville. The link is attached down by the comments, but if you can't access it, PM me and I will send it to you!

Adam

Wow. Just...

Fucking wow.

Nobody can tell me God doesn't exist, because he just answered my prayers.

Gave me a miracle.

I felt it—the power of God. A force of good, gathering up my  love for Mac, and her love for me--the raw, pure energy we put into our musical vows, and the humor and light we put into our spoken ones, and the support and encouragement of every family member here, blood and chosen—I felt something greater, gathering our intentions, as if like attracts like, then transforming them, returning them, wrapping them all around us, between us, within us.

Empowering our raw love with divine will. Binding us. Forever.

We don't need a license, a state, a man to tell us we are married.

We married each other in the presence and power of Love.

At some point, I'm going to need to stop kissing my wife for the first time, in front of our "wedding guests."

Not quite yet, though. I pick her up gently, beneath her arms, raising her above me without our lips ever leaving each others. We are so deep we can't stop. My heart is pounding with a conviction I've never ever felt before, as I give her everything with my lips and my spirit that lingers on my tongue.

Mine. Hers. Ours. Forever.

Just when I think—with some regret—that I can't in good conscious take this kiss any further, she wraps her legs around my waist and her hands in my hair and devours me. Now I'm laughing through the kiss and so is she. She slides her lips from mine, peppering my face with kisses as I twirl her around and the cat-calling and cheers and jeers get rowdier than a dive bar of hometowners with Friday night paychecks.

"Oh Adam," she whispers in my ear as her kisses move there. "It's real. It's so real to me. I promise you. I meant it. You meant it, too right? I felt it...didn't you?"

I hug her tighter and she pulls back, staring into my face, looking for the confirmation. That it wasn't just a show...a performance. I nod at her solemnly. "On God, I meant it. Felt it, too. Congratulations, Ms Lawson. You're a married woman now."

Her sweet smile is beautiful but fleeting, because she goes back to planting butterfly kisses all over my face. Damn, if she's gonna be this sweet, I don't how the hell we are gonna sit through another couple of hours of this party-now-turned-wedding-reception.

I need my wife. Need to be one with her. As soon as fucking possible. I bury my face in her neck, drinking her sweet oceany, coconut scent in, taking what I can to tide me over. She groans a little as I lick and suck at the base of her neck.

My dad hears her and laughs. He slaps me on the back a little too hard. "Put her down, Son. You've got a lifetime for that, but your Mother only gets to see you married once, and you need to at least let her come and congratulate you before you...start your honeymoon."

He turns the mic back on. "Family, friends, I give you...Mr. And Mrs..." he hesitates, and I know what he's thinking. Mac isn't Mrs. Heartley, not in the legal sense. Doesn't matter, she wouldn't change her name anyway. She hears my dad's hesitation, too and she laughs devilishly...happy that she's somehow managed to marry me and still give all the traditions the finger. I wink at her as I let her slide down me, but I keep her in my arms.