Chapter 70: Bad Girls Faint From Rap Star's Kisses

Now, I'm getting a lot of upset readers. I want to encourage you all with the following quote:

 I want to encourage you all with the following quote:

Don't worry, dear readers.  There's always a big battle in the greatest stories.  Put your armor on, because you are in this fight for Madam with me...and this is the first gunshot in the last battle.  In this scene, Mac "blows a kiss". In the next, Adam "fires a gun."

Back to our previously planned programming....

Mac

The dance shoot in the large castle hall proceeds quickly. Maybe because Dev and I worked like Trojans for two weeks to perfect our limited sequences, or maybe because the label went all out and hired a damn troupe of Bollywood dancers to back us.

Or maybe the sequence was mostly painless because Dev is a good guy and a good dancer, and the Bollywood-style contact was minimal. Yet, two weeks and more than an hundred times we've rehearsed it, and it was still slightly uncomfortable for me—his close stance behind me, his hands trailing my waist and pulling my arms back, bending me forward, snapping me upright again, rolling me by the hair.

I'm an alt rocker. Our videos are more likely to include drug-blurry love scenes with me in ripped up t-shirts and leather boy shorts, not sexy dance moves in sequins and scarves and forehead jewels. This was a first. It was freaky, but it was also fun.

It went so well, the director moved right into the wedding procession sequence. That didn't go so well, for me personally, because I was already hot, and the quick sponging wasn't enough to cool down before Tamara and I had to get me re-costumed. The halter top of the "wedding" dress is too tight, and between it and the damn choker necklace I can't breathe. But for that shot, all I had to do was walk through the dancers and toward Dev, and take his hands, so I managed to pull that off.

As soon as the the director called cut, I stalked over to Tamara, clawing at the necklace. "Get it off."

The director calls a break, because Dawes has arranged with him for Dev and I to have our private rehearsal before the last shot of this shoot—the Big Kiss.

I feel a little better now with the necklace off, but I still don't feel right. Maybe it's just the endorphins rushing through me from the dance sequence, but I feel slightly buzzed and...loose. Not myself. Almost like I've been drinking, but of course I haven't. In a way, I'm glad. For what happens next, I need to be loose.

I cross my arms in front of me, trying to stretch this skin tight bodice. The dress—a gold brocade two piece with a full, flowing skirt and halter top that reveals the reacquired definition of my upper abs—is beautiful but it's insufferably restrictive, and the halter strap that fastens around the back of my neck is bothersome.

Tamara eyes me and pulls me into the changing cubicle, "Want to get out of this and put on a robe?" she asks.

"God no. It'll just be five minutes. I can put up with it for that long." I tug at the halter top, trying to make some space around my neck, but the fabric doesn't give.