14. Mini Golf

Tyler rang the doorbell and swung back and forth lightly on his feet while he waited for the door to open.

He was picking Josh up for their date since Tyler was the one to plan it. He was a little bummed he had to waste the gas he had but had a plan for paying for the rest of their date.

A few seconds later the door opened and Tyler's eyes widened. Josh looked... nothing like Josh.

He was wearing a baby blue jacket over a white shirt, black jeans, and black converse. He had a black snapback on as well. He was wearing a coat on as well but Tyler ignored that. The younger was starting to think Josh didn't own anything other than suits but he was pleasantly surprised. Josh looked really fucking hot and Tyler had to think of his cripplingly old grandmother so he didn't get turned on.

"Hi," Josh smiled.

"Hi," Tyler let his eyes trail up and down his body and he winked. Josh rolled his eyes and smiled, letting Tyler take his hand and lead him downstairs. "You look good."

"Thanks. You do too," he hummed. "What are we doing?" he then asked.

"It's a surprise," Tyler grinned, swinging their conjoined hands together. "This doesn't make you uncomfortable, does it?"

"As long as no one sees us," he grinned sheepishly. "I get nervous someone who knows me will see."

"It'll be fine," Tyler assured. "We're not going anywhere fancy or homophobic— not that those two always go together —so we should be good."

Josh nodded and tightened his hold on Tyler's hand. The brunette smiled.

It was funny. It was funny how fast he was able to wrap Josh around his finger. Hell, the businessman didn't even know he liked men until Tyler approached him and now look at them— on a second date. Tyler always knew the right way to get under people's skin and manipulate them into doing what he wanted them to do. It was sort of his talent.

They approached Tyler's car (which was obviously a hundred times shittier than Josh's) and got in. Tyler had made Brendon clean it out the night before so it was less embarrassing. "Okay, the plan," Tyler began as he pulled out of the parking lot to Josh's condo. "Is sort of all over the place. It ends with us back at my apartment. We don't have to do anything but I wanted you to see my place and meet my roommate, Brendon."

Josh was silent for a moment and Tyler took his eyes off the road for a moment to look at his face. It was confused for a moment before realization hit. "I've met Brendon," he reminded Tyler. "He tried getting in my pants before you tried," he said, giving Tyler a look.

Tyler giggled. "Oh yeah!" He remembered. "But look who's the one taking you out for the best date you will ever go on?"

"Touché," Josh laughed. "Y'know as annoying as you were I'm glad my friend forced me to give you a chance. You're not that bad."

"I know," Tyler smiled making Josh laugh again.

The two made small talk the rest of the way until Tyler was pulling into the parking lot of their date location.

Josh looked out the window with a surprised look on his face. "Indoor mini-golf?"

"Yes! It's so fun!" Tyler told him excitedly as he got out. Josh followed him and Tyler grabbed his hand once again as they walked in.

He saw Josh let out a sigh of relief when they realized the only other people there were an old couple playing golf and the man working behind the counter. Tyler smiled when he remembered his plan, sauntering over to the desk and leading Josh behind him.