25. Frappuccino

There were a surprisingly underwhelming amount of reactions to Tyler cheating on Josh. I don't know if y'all just expected it or...

Josh woke up the the sun shining through the curtains in the hotel. He yawned and wiped his eyes before sitting up. He looked down and saw he was still in his collared shirt and dress pants and blinked, realizing he must've been more tired than he thought.

He got out of bed and went to the bathroom, going pee and washing his hands. He looked at his reflection in the mirror and saw his blonde hair sticking up everywhere. He noticed the bags that seemed to permanently lay under his eyes were less prominent than usual and he assumed it was because he had been away from work more than usual. However, that thought didn't worry him like it usually did.

He walked back out and stopped, realizing something was off. The room was empty.

Josh frowned and grabbed his phone off the charger on the nightstand. He saw it was nearing 11 and his eyes widened. He never slept that late. He just shook his head and tapped on his messages, composing one to Tyler.

Josh
Hey where are you?

He didn't get a reply back within the first few minutes so he set his phone back down and went over to his suitcase, grabbing some clothes and went back to the bathroom to take a shower.

Fifteen minutes later, he was clean and dressed in comfortable clothes. He had just brushed his teeth and was in the middle of trying to do something with his hair when the door beeped before opening and shutting. He looked over and saw Tyler walking in, two cups in hand a smile on his face. "Good morning," he hummed, setting the two drinks on the table before coming over to stand in the doorway. "Did you sleep good?"

"Yeah, actually," Josh nodded. "I was out like a light and I slept the whole night so..." he paused. "Where were you?"

"I went and got us coffee. I woke up a little earlier and didn't want to bother you so I got ready and left to let you sleep," he replied.

Josh smiled gratefully. "Thank you. I'm sorry again about last night. I was so exhausted."

"It's alright," he assured. "I actually got my pajamas on and watched TV for a little bit before going to bed as well."

"Do you still want to go out tonight?"

Tyler shook his head. "Nah. I mean we can but I don't want to go anywhere crazy."

"Okay," Josh nodded before looking back at himself in the mirror. "What the hell am I supposed to do with my hair?"

Josh saw Tyler walk in and wrap his arms around Josh's waist. Since he was shorter than the blonde he had to stand on his tippy toes to rest his head on his shoulder. "I think you look handsome and your hair does too."

"I don't," Josh replied, a small smile on his face from Tyler's words. "It's bothering me."

"Did you bring a snapback or anything?" He asked, kissing Josh's jaw slowly.

Josh shuddered against the sensation. "Yeah," he nodded, closing his eyes.

Tyler pulled back and Josh's eyes snapped open. Josh looked at him and the younger had an innocent smile on his face. "Just wear that then."

"That wasn't nice," Josh told his boyfriend, following him out of the room.

"I know," he giggled, giving Josh his cup of coffee. "I didn't know how you liked yours so I grabbed creamer and sugar just in case."

"Thanks," Josh smiled and grabbed it. He saw Tyler's and stifled a laughed. "What's that?"

Tyler looked up at him and frowned when Josh busted out laughing. "It's a frappuccino," he pouted.

Josh pulled him in for a kiss. "Don't be sad I'm just messing with you. I've never seen someone who wasn't a teenage girl actually drink a frappuccino before," he laughed.

"Stop," Tyler whined into Josh's chest. "You haven't even had one. Don't make fun of me until you try it," he pulled away and offered the drink to Josh.

The blonde put his mouth on the straw and tried it, grimacing as soon as it touched his tongue. "That tastes like sugary caffeinated milk."

"That's the point!" Tyler giggled. "Isn't it good?"

"Um, no," Josh decided, taking a drink of his own coffee to get rid of the taste.

"You drink black coffee that's why you think it's gross," Tyler told him, shaking his head.

"Possibly," Josh smiled.

"Hey since you're ready to go we should go get lunch," the brunette suggested, grabbing Josh's hat out of the suitcase and sticking it on the older's head. "I'm hungry."

"Okay," he nodded. "Is there anywhere in particular you want to go?"

Tyler hummed, thinking for a moment. "I saw this one place online and looked at the menu. It looks good. It's informal too but it's like California type of expensive so..."

"I don't mind," Josh shook his head. "If that's where you want to go we can go there."

"Cool," Tyler bit his lip slightly before pressing a small peck to Josh's lips. He went to pulled away but Josh grabbed his wrists and pulled him back, setting Tyler's hands on his waist. He let one of his rest on Tyler's waist while the other held his cheek as he replied with an even deeper kiss of his own.

He didn't let Tyler go until they were both out of breath, panting once they were apart. Josh rested his forehead against Tyler's. "Thank you," he breathed out.

"For what?"

"For making me feel the most like myself for the first time in a long time. For helping me breathe. For reminding me there's more to life than work. For everything."

Tyler wrapped his arms completely around him and rested his head on Josh's chest. "You're welcome," he replied and Josh could almost see him smiling.

The blonde kissed his boyfriend on the head before moving back with a grin. "Let's go get lunch."