16

‼️MATURE LANGUAGE IS USED‼️

ethan's pov

"dad. i..i" i run out of the chapel.

grayson's pov

"dad. i..i" ethan stops and bolts out of the chapel. emma and i look at one another. we both run after him. we exit out of the chapel doors and look for him. emma and i both go to right. we walk down the long hallway and find ethan squatting in a little nook in the hallway.

"ethan. it's okay." emma sits down next to ethan and tries to calm him back. "no, i just fucked up dads funeral." ethan cries into is hands. "ethan no one expected you to be perfect. you just lost your father." i tell him. "grayson go and be the better twin and make everything better." ethan nags.

"ethan. really? you dong realize that i struggle to do you? you don't think this is hard for me. i would have done the exact same fucking thing! but no i have to go and be the better fucking twin. so ethan if you want to push me away, do it. but coming back is up to me." i look coldly at ethan.

shit.

i snapped. i see ethan's face be dug harder into his hands. grayson. no. you're so stupid. why would you say that to him. "ethan. i a-" ethan interrupts me. "grayson just go." ethan looks away.

i storm away. i enter back into the chapel. everyone stares at me with sadness and sorrow in their eyes. it kills me. i make eye contact with little to no one. i walk up to the altar and start speaking into the mic.

"hi, it's grayson.... so um i will be speaking for ethan. so.. uh well i didn't really prepare anything but... my father, he was a great person and a great father to cam, e, and i. he truly was there for us through thick and thin. i am not sure what kind of a person i would have become with him in my life. so.. *starts crying* um well. dad i know that you would say, gray be strong for me. so dad, i will be strong f-for you." i walk off of the altar. i look at the door then at the phew. i run for the door. i think i'm gonna....

*runs outside of the church and vomits in the bushes*

a hand lays on my back. i turn my head. it's vanessa. "hey. gray, you ok?" she asks me kindly in a very gentle tone. "ya... no." i wipe my mouth with my hand. "wanna sit?" vanessa leads me over to a bench. i sit. she sits down next to me. "wanna talk?" she looks at me with her engaging eyes. i look into her eyes and start balling my eyes out into her chest. she wraps her arms around my back and my head.

ethan's pov

"can we go?" i ask emma. "babe." she rubs my cheek with her fingers. "i need to get out of here." i look away from emma. "ok, if that's what you needed. let's go love." emma tangles our hands together and we walk out to the car.

i walk onto the passenger side and open emma's door for her. "stills gentleman." she rubs my cheek before she sits in her seat. i close the door and go over to my side. once we leave the parking lot i know exactly where i need to go. i bring emma to 'me space' as i call it. its this huge hill that looks over the city.

the entire car ride was silent other than the wind rippling through emma's window into the car. her hair flew all around. she just stared out looking very lifeless. something is going on in her mind i can tell.

"e where are we?" emma asks as she steps out of the car. "don't worry about it." i pull her up to my spot. "welcome to ethan's place." i sit down on the green grass. i breathe in heavily, the earthy smell makes me think of younger me. i would always run here whenever grayson and i got into a fight or whenever i wanted to be alone.

emma comes down and sits next to me. emma stares out at the view. "wow." she murmurs
i stare at her breathtaking blue eyes. as she is staring out, all i can think is that i want to marry this girl.

i stop staring at emma as i turn around and see the tree that i basically lived in growing up. i look at it and i see my dad standing there laughing and smiling whilst looking up into the tree. then i hear him yelling, "ethan, buddy. let's go, moms gonna be worried." i miss that mother fucker. yes he was an ass half the time but he loved us and that's all i could have asked for.

"ethan. ethan?" emma snaps her fingers in-front of my eyes. i shake my head and look at her. "ya?" i snap out of it. "babe, you're crying. you ok?" she wipes a tear away from my cheek with her thumb.

"em, i can't do this. i need my father. i need him to be there at my wedding and to walk cam down the isle and who is going to take care of my mom. that bitch, he just died." i day out of pure rage. then i think about my words. "i didn't mean that.." i messed up.

"e it's ok, your going through a rough patch." says emma. trying to comfort me. i lay down staring up at the clouds. emma looks at funny. i pat a spot next to me. she obeys and lays down.

"when i was a kid, i would just lay down and look up at the clouds and the stars for hours. my dad would come out and have to drag me inside." i chuckle and smile thinking about him. as i chuckle more, my smile turns into a frown and i feel warm lines racing down the side of my face. "ethan i know." emma lays her delicate body over mine. i embrace her.

as emma and lying there on my chest hugging and comforting me. i feel this odd but nostalgic feeling. i finally feel like i'm safe and that i am meant to be in this moment. i close my eyes. i breath in and smell the freshen of the air and i catch a quick breath of emma's warming scent.

i just want to be here with her in this moment forever.
————————————————————————
hey oceans🌊!! i'm so sorry i took a very long break from writing, school is getting intense. i have finals coming up so i will try to update more but i have so much going on right now. very sorry for taking and long break!!

please like + comment for s shoutout!!
-i will do shoutouts in next chapter, i have a lot to do!

also please comment ideas because i am pretty much out of ideas...

also thank you guys for 7K!!!! I do not truly deserve all of the love and support i have been given by you guys. so thank you!!

-bye y'all!