16

I sat down in one of the chairs here. "Natalia, I promise you that they have changed" Alice said. "Clearly, Asher hasn't. He still calls my wolf a mutt" I said. "Just ignore him. Asher is always going to be that way but I know he changed. I know he'll never reject you again. He just... he had a tough time growing up. He watched his best friend die." Alice said. I stayed quiet.

"I'm not going to accept them. They can find their second chance mate or mates" I said. "They don't have second chance mates" Alice exclaimed but didn't yell. "I know they are your sons, but I had a heart, that is gone thanks to your sons" I said. I broke. The tears streamed down my face.

I haven't let these tears escape me for five years. I know tears don't go well with me. "How do I trust them? How do I know they won't hurt me or my pups? How will I know they won't hurt me again" I said with that broken voice when you cry. Alice and my mom looked at me sadly. "You don't, but I can assure you they won't hurt you" Alice said. "Ever again" my mom said.

I continued to let the tears fall. Auden and Hardin walked out. Hardin hugged my mom. Auden came to me and hugged me. My dad was running back and had Auden and Hardin pulled to his chest. He hasn't seen them in five years.

I wish I got that type of hug. Dylan, Asher, and Ashton was coming up the steps. I turned away from them and headed through the doors past a worried Alecia and Adam. I started up the stairs. I got to my room and shut the door. I heard my pups laughter from the connected room.

I shut the door and let more tears fall I collapsed to the floor and hugged my knees to my body. I heard a door open and soon I felt tiny arms wrap around me. I let a another cry out in happiness and hugged them closer to me.

"I'm so sorry" I whispered. "Why are you sorry mommy" Luke asked confused. I looked up at Asher and Ashton. "I'm so sorry" I whispered again. They both sat down on the floor. I scooted towards them.

"You didn't do anything" Ashton said.  "I did do something. I am sorry. Otherwise you wouldn't have rejected me. I'm sorry that I wasn't good enough for you" I said in a hoarse voice. The knot in my throat erupted again and my body shook with the sobs that racked throughout my body. My pups all came over and tried to comfort me like Asher and Ashton tried to calm me down. Auden walked in.

"Can you give us a minute" Auden Asked. My ex-mates growled at her while my pups kissed my cheek and ran out of the room. "No" both of them growled. "Fine. You need to calm down. Breathe. In and out. Deep breaths. Think of happy thoughts. Think of somewhere you've always wanted to go. Think of something that you love to look at. Think of something that ignites your senses that you love to smell" she said.

I ended up crying harder.  My happy thoughts are Asher and Ashton, I wanted to go back to the kingdom with them, I love to look at them and their features, I love and miss the smell of mango and vanilla. "Shit. I'm making this worse. You two got this" Auden said. My ex-mates replied with a yes. I heard the door shut.

"Little mate, you did nothing. We both love you. We've loved you the five years you've been gone, because we never meant our rejections. We love you." Asher said while he rubbed circles on my lower back. I moved closer to him basically hiding in his side. He pulled me on his lap and held me tight.

"I'm sorry little mate" Asher said. "I'm sorry love" Ashton said. I pulled away from Asher and got up. They seemed sad. I got on the edge of my bed. "It didn't work last time though" I whispered. "What didn't work last time little mate" Asher asked as he staggered over to my bed. "The promise. Of never hurting me again." I whispered.

"We won't hurt you again. I promise you I won't hurt you again. And I mean it" Asher said. "I promise I won't hurt you again either" Ashton said. "Give me some time." I sighed out quietly. I laid down on my bed facing away from them looking out my window. My room was dark.

They didn't even leave so I slowly fell into a deep sleep. "Just make it quick love, I don't know how much longer Asher can live without you. He's dying without you from both rejections" Ashton whispered. Probably thinking I was asleep but I wasn't. I waited until they were gone.

He's dying.