R O B B E R: 6

Calum joined me after what I was guessing as his shower. I was sitting at the dining table unchanged, seeing as I hadn't finished my business yet.

"Welcome back. Sit down." He didn't look me in the eye as he sat down. I distributed plates for the both of us and placed the food on them. Steak and potatoes, with a side of asparagus.

"So. Time for business." He nodded. I opened my computer. "So, um. I'm hiring you as my personal assistant, I expect you to be on time everyday, that won't be hard because I have a personal driver on the weekdays and you can go to work with me. Uh, you will be living with me for the next two and a half years until your debt is paid off. Any type of unauthorized termination will be followed with a lawsuit filed against you and you most likely spending some years in jail, while you live with me I'll provide you will everything you need basically. So if you ask me this is a pretty good contract." I looked up and Calum was staring at me intensely, so intensely that it made my breath hitch and my stomach feel cramped.
I haven't felt that way in a very long time.
I don't like it.

"So whats the deal? Are you going to sign the contract, or go to jail?"

"Obviously I'm going to sing the contract, I am many things but dumb is not one of them." I raised an eyebrow. The boy has gained some courage.

"I realized that, so in return I would like to pay for you to go to college, seeing as you have your high school degree, it would be fitting for you to get a degree, it can be in anything you want." He eyes widened.

"Ms.Pierce, that's too much. Please-"

"Shh, let me enjoy my food now. Just sign the contract." I said handing him some papers and starting to eat my delicious steak. I was focused and nodded every so often to reward myself of the work I did on the food.

This is pretty good.
Thank you inner self.

I felt Calum staring once again.

"Calum just say it." I said without looking at him.

"Thank you Ms.Pierce, I just want you to know I'm now loyal to you and only you and I'll serve you in anyway to make you happy." Anyway? Stop it. He didn't mean it like that.

"Thank you Calum, you described loyalty is very needed and very appreciated." I said looking at him and adding a smile. He handed me the signed papers and I signed them. "I know you don't trust me just yet-" he started. "-but I promise I won't do anything to intentionally hurt you."

"I know Calum, I appreciate that as well." I said awkwardly. I didn't know how to deal with sappy feelings.

Five months later