ᴏɴᴇ

"Bird, let's get moving!" I hear my grandmother yell for me and I groan, putting the pillow over my head. I hear the door open with a sigh and I felt the covers come off me along with the pillow.

"You've got school."

"I don't have to go." I replied keeping my eyes closed before opening one to see her putting her hands on her waist, "I'll be down in a second."

"15 minutes, no later. I can drop you off before I start my shift at the hospital. Let's go." She says and I sighed hearing her leave. I got up with much effort, I take a beat before making my way to the bathroom.

I start the shower getting in to wake me up, soon as I get in I sighed at the water running down my body. I didn't take my time, I got out wrapping a towel around my body as I made my way over to the sink.

I wipe the condensation off the mirror, looking at my reflection, the bags under my eyes were there and my eyes looked tired. I didn't get much sleep as always last night, making it hard to get up in the morning.

I continued to brush my teeth before walking back out to go through my closet, looking to see what to wear. I settled with wearing blue baggy jeans, a black singlet with my brown flannel over the top.

I looked in the mirror, my eyes travelling over my body as I nodded in satisfaction. My hair was raven black loose curly hair I ran my hand through my hair as I stared at the tattoos that fell on my brown skin.

I finished off pairing my outfit with a single necklace I've had forever and a couple rings on my fingers. I slipped on my converse as I grabbed my bag, shoving whatever I needed in it before throwing it over my shoulder.

I jogged downstairs going to the kitchen seeing our cat sitting on her play set, my grandmother cooking. Soon as I sat down, she puts a plate in front of me and I smiled lightly at her.

"Thank you." I said, and she smiles kissing my head.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Like the dead." I said, making my grandmother roll her eyes.

"You're not getting any sleep are you?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm getting enough."

"You know you can't lie to me Beatrice-," She starts before her phone goes off, she pulls it from her pocket sighing, "You're kidding me?"

"Saved by the text."

"I can go in a little later."

"No, I'm fine Mimi. Look you head out I'll clean up here and I'll see you later."

"I wanted to spend some time with you this morning." Mimi says and I smiled at her.

"I'll see you later tonight, love you." I said, and she sighs nodding.

"Have a good day, call if you need anything." She says and I nodded, she grabs her bag and kisses me on the head as she leaves.

I cleaned up the kitchen before walking over to grab my bag along with my board as I stepped outside. Just as I was about to leave, I walked over to the garage to see my brother's car sitting there.

A small smile washes over my face as I walked inside, I dropped my things near the door walking over to the car. Memories resurface and I smiled sadly as I think of my brother, I had been working on it for a while.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I hear a text tone coming from my phone, I look to see it was Eli texting me.

E🤠
Need a ride?