ᴛᴇɴ

I fluttered my eyes open and I rubbed my hands over my eyes, once I opened them fully I frown beginning to notice I wasn't in my room. I hear a beeping and I look down to see my arm was hooked to an IV.

"Beatrice?" I hear and I look to see my grandmother standing there.

"Mimi, where am I?"

"You're in the hospital baby. Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah."

"I've been worried sick about you. I thought I had lost you." Mimi says and I looked at her, I could see she had been crying. Just before I could say anything she speaks up, "I'll go grab the doctor." She leaves the room and not even a second she comes back in with a doctor.

"Ah, you're awake. My name is Doctor Allen." She says walking over to the bottom of the bed, "How are you feeling?"

"What happened?"

"What's the last thing you remember?"

"Uh, I was at a party." I said and I frowned trying to remember. I was dancing to the music with Ace pressed up against me, he passes me the pills and I took it with alcohol. Everything from there was blurry except for when I was in the bathroom with Sam, "I-I can't be here."

"You're okay."

"No, you don't get it. I have to go okay, I cannot be here." I said, feeling the anxiety rise to my chest, "P-Please just let me out."

"Hey, you're okay. You're safe now." Mimi says, grabbing my hand and I snapped my head to look at her seeing tears in her eyes, "You're safe."

"I'm going to have to ask you some personal questions, okay." Doctor Allen says and I looked at her, "How did you get those bruises?"

"I'm clumsy and I hit my dresser." I said, pursing my lips not looking at anyone.

"That's not from any dresser. Is your boyfriend hitting you?"

"No, i-it's not like that."

"It is like that Beatrice." Mimi says and I shook my head, feeling the tears coming to my eyes.

"He can't hurt you anymore, okay. You're safe." Doctor Allen says and I looked at her on the verge of crying.

"He would get so angry all the time, angry at me. I-I didn't know what I was doing wrong."

"Has he done this before?" She asked and I felt my lip quiver as I closed my eyes, I hear a soft sigh coming from my grandmother.

"Beatrice, please look at me." Mimi says and I looked up to see her crying, "Has he hurt you before baby?"

"Nothing ever this bad. He-He would throw stuff close to me, but he never actually did." I admitted as the tears came down my face, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry about."

My grandmother brings me in for a hug and we cried into each other, the doctor left the room only to come back with the police. I had to explain everything all over again and it was hard but I told them, I had finally told the truth.

After all that had been done and tests from the doctors were finished, they had said I could go home the next day. Soon as we got home, my grandmother tried to get everything feeling back to normal but I went off to my room.

I got to my room and I looked everywhere, it felt like I couldn't recognise this place. I dropped my body down to the bed, and I sat there in silence. I looked around before I got to the bed side table, picking up a photo.

It was of me and my brother, I was 4 in the photo and he was 7. I was sitting in his lap as he was reading to me, it was probably my favourite photo of us. No matter how much I had annoyed him to read me 'Cinderella' he always continued to do so.