ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

For the next hour, we had sat on the table and we all talked and laughed. It took my mind off everything that had happened tonight, after dinner we had moved to the living room. I had cleaned up, well tried too but Rosa, Miguel's Abuela told me to leave making me laugh.

The adults had engrossed in a conversation of their own and I was outside with Miguel who sat on the side walk as I brought my skateboard and started riding around on it.

"How's your karate going?"

"Good, we have a lot more numbers coming in after me beating Kyler's ass." He says and I laughed nodding, "Eli and Aisha have joined. Demetri tried but..."

"He ended up complaining?"

"Yeah."

"Well I'm glad Eli stayed, he needs something like this." I said, as I tried to do flips on my board.

"What about you?"

"Me?"

"Yeah, why don't you join?" Miguel asked and I chuckled looking at him.

"I like my job for one." I said making him laugh, "Plus, I don't know if I'll have time to do it. With school and my job and looking after my grandmother."

"She said you were at karate lessons?"

"Thought about it but I don't think so."

"Cobra Kai is always looking for new students."

"Is that the whole reason you came tonight? To promote your new dojo?" I asked raising an eyebrow and he laughs shaking his head.

"No. I mean I haven't seen you much around school which is weird because we have the same circle of friends." He says and I laughed nodding my head.

"I've been busy."

"As I hear. You should really take a break."

"As much as that sounds like a good idea, if I stop then the world falls apart." I said and he laughs making me smile.

"Where did you learn to ride a skateboard?"

"I was 10 when I got my first board. One of the homes I was in, my foster brother gave me a board for my birthday." I said looking at him, "Know how to ride?"

"I wouldn't even know where to start." He says and I chuckled hopping off my board, I grabbed his hands making him shake his head, "I don't think this is a good idea."

"Don't knock it before you've tried it."

"No like seriously, I don't think this is a good idea."

"Just trust me." I said smiling as I steadied the board. I helped him up and he gets on it rocky, he steps on the end making him fall off and I caught him quickly laughing.

"I'm glad you can laugh in the face of my failure."

"You can do karate and riding a skateboard is hard for you?" I said, raising an eyebrow and he rolls his eyes making me laugh again, "Try again."

"Okay, okay. I've got this." He says mainly to himself, getting on the board I held my hands out just in case I had to catch him, "What next?"

"What hand do you use to write?"

"My right."

"You keep your right foot on the end of the board here and your left leg here, so your body is turning this way." I said, walking around to be on the side where he had to face, "Next to move the board, you use your right leg to push."

"I have to do all that and not fall?" He says and I laughed nodding.

"Here hold on to my arms." I said, holding my arms out and once he holds on, I hold on looking at him, "Just push slowly."